26-Smelting Hammer

The group had begun work on setting things up right away, with a plan to have a basic organization of their space by dinner. Lunch had only just ended, leaving them the whole afternoon.

Since the facility was so large, and their group was so small, they were fortunate enough to have way more room then they knew what to do with. However, it was almost guaranteed that they would be ambushed overnight. Yuxzn and Rhyde were hard at work making overnight battle preparations as a result of this. Everyone had been left with a poor night of sleep, and would only suffer yet another night of the same at this rate. Some were wanting another after-dinner nap, much like the night before. Rhyde effectively had his hands full.

Dinner was however its own problem. They didn't have any easy access provisions, they would have to go hunting. Collecting Amber-leaves would help with both food and overnight defense. Hunting the yheirqae could also provide them with food, but not in the middle of the daylight sun, they would have to settle for more river fish when it came time for dinner. As such, the four girls, along with Zyuixqs and Chyurae, offered to get some food from the river.

Mhyl was happy enough picking plants, which Thanrie was actually enjoying too. "Did you know that back at the palace, I had spent a lot of time taking care of the flowers? I know I was just being let to do such a thing, but I've been the type that wanted to have some meaning with something, and bringing that something to some flowers just felt good." Thanrie surprised Mhyl by casually talking about princess life. However, considering they were tending plants again, the correlation was obvious. It was almost symbolic how the same princess had shifted from some elegant refined flowers to wild rugged weed-like plants.

"Well, the library didn't have many plants inside, as that could affect the books, so I never got to see much about plants for my life here. I haven't really been motivated by plants like that." Mhyl looked back at the others fishing right at the side of the river as she talked. She clearly just didn't want the alternative. "Still, I like how useful these plants are. They are capable of so many things. Not only are they thriving in such harsh conditions, but they provide so many useful things. Did you know your medicine and bandages both came thanks to these plants? They are also really healthy to eat, even if they don't taste like the world's best thing in the least."

Thanrie put consideration how thankful she had to be for these little plants. They weren't even pretty, especially in a field of the same color. But they were wonderful things, having given them a new home, after saving her life.. and they were food, medicine.. a very gifted plant. "I wonder how they taste for you, anyway. Elves are supposed to have stronger tastes, after all." "Maybe, but everyone had their own unique tastes. I'm pretty sure that the way these taste for you isn't the exact same as it is for Qheria. It would just mean that, if I was human but otherwise myself, these would taste like they do, but seem milder in taste. Still wouldn't match your own." Thanrie contemplated Mhyl's explanation, and just shrugged.

They continued for a bit longer when Mhyl suddenly stopped. "Thanrie, get the others now, we might have a problem." Mhyl rushed to pack up what they had, to have it set safely aside. Lwyn was actually doing the same while the others showed up, mostly because they had fished enough fish for today. "Mhyl, do we have a situation?" Qheria was concerned about what Mhyl might have noticed, and her worries were more validated by Mhyl gesturing to her headset. "There is a lot of tiny movement following the river downstream. We can't actually see it from here, but I managed to notice the movement. The movement is following the river, but keeping a distance from it, taking cover in the hill. That's also why we can't see anything, I have no sight on what it is. However, there is a lot of individual movement." Mhyl finished packing as she made her statement.

The whole proceeding was in English, so the guys had no idea what was going on. "Zyuixqs, go tell Rhyde that our elven scouts have spotted something unknown moving towards us, a lot of unknown. We might need to be ready. Lwyn, take Chyurae and bring back this supplies, then take to a scouting position on our new home. I know you can climb it. Chyurae probably can't, but he will need a safer position, in case this is going to be a problem. Tell him to go find Yuxzn and get more instructions." Qheria was already taking charge of the situation, although her first priority was to still get their experienced leader on the scene.