70-Cold Blooded

It was late evening before the four girls re-converged to discuss the matters of the recent days. With everything that had come to pass in that time, they each had a lot of things to share with each other.

"Hold on, Zyuixqs did what?" "He proposed. I mean, sure, it was totally unexpected, but suddenly becoming a prince was probably just as unexpected for him. The guy can be pretty useless sometimes, but he can really pull through when it counts, you know? Someone like that, it wouldn't really be such a bad thing. And think about it, I'm still a princess, my family is going to want to send me somewhere, Hyxir is probably the best option going too. It's a place I could definitely take to calling home." Mhyl was still trying to have this news process in her head. Thanrie meanwhile was being a bit less forthright with her feelings, her eyes shining more than her words. It had taken a while for her to form words properly for him, but she had given him her approval. Since then, her head was lost in the clouds, still coming to terms with the implications, but without any regrets.

"Making a nation out of that isn't going to be easy. Rhyde himself has been struggling over the matter as is, pondering how to make a society from that chaos. I don't expect anything is going to be easy about it." "Neither of you two are accounting for what would happen if my father gets involved again. We still have no idea where the fortress even went, and that's a pretty big problem. Yuxzn and I have been working hard on this, apparently while everyone else has been distracted, and we've came up with nothing." Qheria found herself being scolded by Lwyn right after she tried to bring Thanrie back to reality. Thanrie and Qheria, they might have both been lost in what was going to come after the fighting was over, forgetting that first they needed to win the upcoming battle.

Mhyl pondered her own efforts. She hadn't exactly been helping with making the world turn like everyone else, instead she had been focused on just doing better herself. She held the strange picture she had drawn earlier still in her hands, the one Chyurae had helped her with in ways she still didn't understand, at a loss for an opportunity to bring it up. She looked down at it, pondering the picture once more. A mess of lines that just came together in ways that didn't feel like it should make sense, but did.. it was a concept that had defined so much of her life as of late. Even the gift worked that way, defying sense and yet being so simple. Still, with everyone else doing things for other people, it felt selfish to talk about her own personal work that didn't affect anyone else. Mhyl set the paper upside down upon the meeting room table, leaving it to blend in with the rest of the papers on Lwyn's desk. They had more important things to worry about, after all.

Lwyn contemplated everyone's reaction and realized that she might have sounded a bit too harsh. Maybe she was just tired, it was getting late. "Okay, tomorrow, let's just start on this first thing in the morning then. That way we can all work together to figure everything out after a good night's rest. I'll go with everyone back to the guest area, and we can call it a night." Lwyn got up from her chair, with everyone else following her example. They made their way through the halls silently, half to not wake up anyone who might already be asleep, half because they were lost in thought as to what had just happened.

Thanrie was contemplating the events much the same as Qheria was, realizing that distractions of future politics had left Lwyn carrying the burden of their present day. It wasn't like Lwyn was in much of a different situation either, Lwyn herself was basically a princess of the Citadel, and was already doing a pretty good job at being responsible. Tomorrow, she would have to turn all of her efforts into giving Lwyn a hand.. possibly by making use of the three ninja girls. They had been busy the whole time, they wouldn't have had time for anything else either, and they were so good at spying and blending in, they could probably discover something with their bag of tricks.

During her thoughts, Thanrie noticed a cloaked person walking through the halls, the same one as from before, making a turn further ahead of them in another direction. Something about the person was familiar, she had a strange feeling about them, but the cloaked shadow was gone once she reached the same corner. Thanrie shrugged, she had enough to worry about with herself and her friends, with little purpose in pausing at the restlessness of every passing individual.