51-Practical Application

The days that followed were filled by their new routine, all under Sxeiva's guidance. They continued their lessons, and after lessons resumed their basic routine with Sxeiva.

Lwyn found herself still needing to wear silly dresses during the ordinary part of the day. Being no longer alone had its upsides, but not being allowed to help her friends in their work came at a harsh counter. At least, she was able to be around as they worked, and in a few space occasions she managed to find time to lend them tips on how to sweep efficiently, how to quickly fold clothes, and how to sort a broom closet. She was, however, still then bored for most of the day.

Thanrie had found that the three of them didn't have as much opportunity for themselves as they used to, now that the three other maids were also present. When not left with chores to complete or lessons to do, they found all six maids left in one space to figure out what to do, which classically was to just pretend to be social with the three they didn't feel fit in with them. Mhyl herself had found it extra difficult, being stuck with only speaking Izhaethyx. The result made her look exceptionally anti-social, only being able to provide single-word answers with enough clarity.

However, when the time came for their lessons, it was a considerable relief for them all. They were fortunate that a good portion of the day, including almost all of the afternoon, was dedicated to lessons. For a regular person, this might have been very tiring, but in their case, it was far better than the alternative.

"Thank goodness her injuries had safely gotten better." Thanrie had been worried, the one maid who had been selected for laundry duty that one day had came back with massive purple bruises on both arms, and a slash on her forehead. All of which had been healed, even if Mhyl had been required to secretly ensured that there would be no scars at the same time. Thanrie had pleaded with her upon the matter.

"Injuries, who got injured?" "Oh, one of your maids had been injured for a while now, though I guess she did work hard to hide the cuts and bruises. I'm happy Mhyl made sure there wouldn't be any scars." "Wait, really? I never learned about that, what happened?" "Oh, it was because she had to do laundry.." Lwyn was still confused, how could laundry cause serious injury? Thanrie herself seemed pretty scared talking about it, clearly there were little things about being a maid around here that even Lwyn didn't understand.

Having finished setting up for their lesson, the four of them resumed their exercises. The biggest lesson they were working on right now was control. Thanrie tossed forward her blade overhead, which planted against the ground and froze there, not having penetrated the ground. While the blade was locked in place, she compelled it to release shock-waves in regular bursts, with a very controlled intensity. She had to make sure there was a burst, but that she herself felt nothing of it. For the first while, this had proven challenging, the first shock-wave throwing her backwards instead.

Qheria planted a fist into the ground below her, and a force-field expanded from where she stood. She was working on controlling not only it's size, but it's influence. Lwyn's practice similarly involved her, as she took shots that flew around the forcefield, and every second shot was allowed to pass through it. Lwyn's shots were also being controlled for complex maneuvers in flight, though her gift usage was a bit more complicated than before. She had long ago actually ran out of the blades she had carried, not having been given a full 800 clip set. Instead, she was firing blades of her own creation, laser discs of a similar shape, made completely from some variant of energy. Sometimes the discs got blocked or passed in the wrong frequency, sometimes they didn't exactly complete the path she gave them before firing, and went somewhere else. Sometimes, she fired nothing at all.

Mhyl's biggest lesson in control was simply the usage of her own stamina. Her own abilities with the gift seemed the most varied, being able to simply manipulate her surroundings. However, a lot of what she did ended up very involved, being nothing as simple as the others, and thus itself consuming more stamina. The more complex her manipulation, the more stamina it consumed. She had a great ability to over-complicate things, and so wasn't used to taking enough shortcuts in her gift so as to lighten the load it induced upon her. Being an elf, this problem was even worse.