16-Fortified Arsenal

Since it was getting very close to lunch, the three elf-kinds returned to the war room. It was about time to put a break on the casual conversations and bring everything back together.

Mhyl ran off to go find Thanrie and bring her back. Qheria and Rhyde were still arguing, even after all of this time. Lwyn went straight to Qheria. "Qheria, just stop, please!" The seriousness of her tone had far more impact than her earlier attempts, and Qheria turned to Lwyn. In the moment of silence, Yuxzn also gave his report to Rhyde. "Commander, we've happened upon an unexpected tactical discovery." This in turn got Rhyde's attention. Yuxzn continued with his report. "Rather than investigate the matter at hand so informally, I would recommend moving us to lunch, so that we can explore the matter in depth. It will involve our four.. guests." Yuxzn took caution to not call them Hyenzaelni, out of respect for Lwyn's earlier outburst.

The room was rapidly prepared for lunch, with Mhyl and Thanrie arriving quickly into preparations. The food was prepared quite quickly, although it also wasn't anything special. Rhyde might be a commander, but he wasn't exactly high class. "So Yuxzn, regarding that unexpected tactical discovery you mentioned earlier, please do tell me more." "I have been inquiring with our two elven guests regarding the dramatic psychological profile differences from both reports. Exploring the matter in depth, it appears that we've been kept out of the loop of a rather exceptional secret." Lwyn noticed that Yuxzn had so simply in passing just profiled her as a pure elf.

"What had raised my suspicions on the subject was witnessing Mhyl and Thanrie communicating earlier, despite neither of them knowing the other's language. According to the reports from the Embers, they were known to have suddenly collected at the same location, having never met each other before, and then suddenly collectively moved on as if they were somehow bound together by some mutual terms. Upon being confronted by my suspicions, both elves had agreed to come clean regarding this shared secret." As Yuxzn proceeded, Thanrie and Qheria were stunned at the matter of discussion. This elf was too smart. Mhyl and Lwyn's downcast expression confirmed the proceeding.

Having ensured that the other half of their guest's party was brought up to speed, Yuxzn's explanation became more direct. "It is clear that each of them have been somehow exposed to information well beyond what should be naturally known, and have been affected accordingly due to possessing such additional information. It is highly suspected that the time of discovery was either soon before the four girls had initially set off to a mutual location, or soon after their mutual gathering. While the changes in their mental profile are impressive, I think you will find of greater interest some of the knowledge they had gained during this same process." Yuxzn pulled out Mhyl's drawing and set it in the middle of the table.

"By the divine, what is this? It looks like a Destroyer, but.." "Effectively, it is a Destroyer, the girls say that it's original name was something called a Zyianq." Rhyde was starting to catch on, as Yuxzn still could not properly say 'Tank'. Lwyn proceeded from there, as promised. "The four of us have memories of a life in another world, from different nations of a place called 'Earth'. We still have no idea how or why we got these memories, they simply awoke in each of us at the same time. This other world is very different from Celese, it's considerably more advanced, with 'machines' that are capable of far more than we've achieved here. 'Machines' that let people fly in the air, 'machines' that let people talk from any distance, 'machines' that carry far more than anyone could dream of lifting. However, there were also 'machines' like this one." Lwyn indicated the picture again. She had been using the English word 'machine' though her explanation, since she couldn't think of a decent Izhaethyx word for it.

Qheria recognized the picture right away, it's quality was so good. "This looks specifically like a model of tank that was used in the same nation my other memories came from. It was used to great effect in very large wars." Rhyde was very interested in this statement. "Wait, how personally familiar are you with it?" "Over there, I had some military training, which included a little on being taught how to drive a more modern version of this tank." Rhyde and Yuxzn were stunned at hearing the phrase 'more modern'. As if this one wasn't modern enough. Rhyde understood what Yuxzn had implied by a tactical discovery, this could yield quite an advantage, if only those with this knowledge weren't so inexperienced in matters otherwise of relevance.