69-Warm Reprieve

The ambitions of the four girls continued them into the next day, as they tried to settle their concerns by reaching out for progress. Such pursuits pushed them through their morning, and continued them into the afternoon.

Lwyn was struggling over the approach of their future, having two important tasks on her mind. The first was to still resolve her answer for the flow of the world, for once that time came. The second was to find the fortress, and what it was up to. She had been hard pressed to either task, without success in either. She neither had her answer, nor did she have even a clue as to where her father had vanished to. While the first had a worldly importance, the existence of the second was more than a little troubling. Something like that doesn't just disappear, not unless something really major was going on. She had more than a few concerns it was related to the veil, and her father's goals to pierce through it to overwrite Celese in Earth's image.

Lwyn was hard at work, scouring over notes and records at her desk as she tried to figure things out. Yuxzn at least was there with her, helping her go through all of the records in search of anything that might help. He obviously couldn't help her with her answer for the flow of the world, but his help was very appreciated when it came to the matters involving the Fortress. He proved to be her second set of eyes, second opinion, second everything. It was probably thanks to him that she was remaining composed during all of this at all. She did realize that she was really counting on his insight in matters like this, that he was proving to be highly dependable in so many ways. She would have to see if maybe, once everything was over, maybe she could find him a nice place at the Citadel, some sort of role that would keep him at her side even after. She was certain, with both of their insight, the Citadel would be capable of so many things, and might even outshine its current status. The world was changing, she would need someone like him to make sure that the Citadel could keep up with such changes. For now at least, they would need to figure out how to deal with the problems of the present.

The coming of the cold season had brought with it some chilling winds, circulating a lot of bad weather changes. Dark clouds covered everything over the horizon, heralding the approach of a storm. Fall and Spring were both the rainy seasons around here, so that was rather normal, but even elven eyes struggled to pierce darkness, and the lack of a midday sun was making scouting extra challenging. She had at least ensured people were on watch, all four Nations plus the Rebellion. There was actually a lot of chaos out on the other side of the mountain, scouts having at least reported the state of both the bandits and any elements of the Rebellion that remained behind.

The bandits were actually in a state of panic, not only having had their best backing abandon them, but it seems Khaexyn had actually suddenly set upon them rather harshly. Something about how the ignorant could no longer be trusted. In that moment, the bandits found themselves abandoned and cut off from all of their resources, left to fend for themselves. The rebellion had actually discovered this and walked in, only to find bandit hopes crushed everywhere. Bandits surrendered all over the Hyxir, the badlands suddenly losing the only thing that had cultured them at all over the past several years. Some bandits grew fanatic, scouring to search for the Fortress until death took them instead, while yet others turned on their own out of desperation and fell as a result. With the sudden absence of the Fortress, the rebellion had suddenly conquered the entire Hyxir.

Qheria was helping Rhyde in much of the resulting chaos. Zyuixqs' father had taken quick advantage of the situation, sending messengers along with scouts into the Hyxir badlands. It seems, if his rebellion would suddenly find itself the conquerors of all the people in Hyxir, he was going to make something bigger of it. It was a perfect opportunity, after all. Working with some of the four nations, the Rebellion Leader was pushing forwards with a unification of the entire badlands, to turn Hyxir into its own nation. As the leader of the Rebellion, securing the allegiance of all of Hyxir would officially make him the ruler of his newly formed Kingdom. Qheria was surprised at how fast things were moving, clearly the Rebellion Leader was not one to let slip an opportunity. In line with the same model as Wyxir and Qicir, they were setting up a monarchy, which would place the Rebellion Leader as the Hyxiri King.