20-Positive Reinforcement

An air of somber silence had conquered the few rooms being used by the four women. Thanrie's health was still a concern, none of them knew if she was going to be okay.

Thanrie was still out, not having woken once since her accident. Mhyl was in there with her to take care of her, not having left her side for a moment. Chyurae was busy working with the Marauder's medical staff, trying his best to help Mhyl by running supplies, even though most of it was taken care of for him. Zyuixqs had waited just outside, always helping when something came up, clearly concerned for how Thanrie was doing and clearly wishing there was more he could do. Qheria.. Qheria was still taking it very hard. She had been trying to manage so far almost looking lifeless, and when there was nothing she could do to help, she went off on her own. She seemed so withdrawn from them all, including herself.

Lwyn was taking a moment to consider, at this point, that while she still had a lot to worry about with Thanrie, she was also really worried if everyone was going to be okay. Mhyl didn't even go to bed, had barely eaten, and was putting more effort into this than even a human should, and she's an elf. Her own health was going to suffer at this rate. Chyurae had collapsed three times already by exhausting himself, being an elf pushing himself too hard as well, but was thankfully one reason Mhyl had eaten anything at all. Zyuixqs fortunately had at least taken the time to get some basic treatment, his own burns not actually that bad. But as soon as he could feign being well enough, he was back at Thanrie's room, despite very obviously not being fully recovered. His injuries were taxing enough, he looked like he didn't even have half the energy Chyurae did. Even sitting on a chair, he looked ready to face-plant the floor, sitting using pure determination alone. Qheria, she was the only one of Lwyn's companions that had not suffered physically though this. However, Qheria still looked like she was in pure unrelenting agony.

Lwyn was hard at work making everyone a snack, considering no one had had anything to eat today so far. She doubted anyone would even bother with a real lunch. So, to help everyone, she would bring them something to keep going with. She was hard at work making a tea for everyone, something with a calm energy to it. Her Terran-self was more of a coffee drinker, but Celese had nothing like coffee. Her Celesi-self however had spent years getting good at something as simple as making tea, and herself enjoyed opportunities with it in the few chances she had. Considering local cultures, the others would all be familiar enough with this brew, though she personally wasn't sure what it was close to from Earth nor if the others even liked Terran teas. The exact leaves were new, but close enough.

In addition to the tea, she prepared some sandwiches. Thinking about Terran stuff, some egg sandwiches might have been perfect, but that would have required cultivating birds. Instead she had some thinly chopped meats cooked softly and served on a leaf bed. The meats were from some local hunts, so it was at least tender enough, but she cared nothing for which animal it used to be. She could imagine some of the local tunneling creatures being caught for this purpose, and that was enough for her. Chopped ground-squirrel was just how food worked out here, in a land less cultivated than the very medieval inn she had left behind. The leaves were almost a delicacy out here, having actually come from certain amber bushes closer to the river, similar to the low-quality delicacy tea she had made, and were known for being very healthy. If only they had access to something like a tomato, she could have made something like a cheap BLT.

"Hey, Zyuixqs, I made us a snack. I have your portion still cooling a bit though, things have been hot enough as is. Mhyl is still inside, right?" Lwyn got a silent nod for her inquiry, nothing more. Lwyn pondered if she should get everyone some pillows too, everyone was sleepwalking at this point. Zyuixqs at least helped her open the door, so that she could bring stuff inside. Mhyl had collapsed, again, the door opening had woken her up. "Mhyl... Please take care of yourself. Here, I brought you something to at least help you take care of you. You should definitely have it, totally recommended. I mean, mostly because having more energy is always helpful for us elves, right?" "Lwyn, you know that stuff isn't real energy, right? But it will at least keep me more aware, so I thank you." "The sandwiches though. Don't proteins do the energy thing? And the amber-leaves are supposed to be really healthy too. Either way, simple, easy to eat, and will have our doctor make sure she also can keep going, right?" Lwyn handed off the serving to the very worn Mhyl. Mhyl's English tone even made her sound really tired.