29-Forging Opportunities

Lunchtime would come soon enough, and with it the four girls would have to step forward. Fortunately, having been inspired to a cause, all four were eager to get started.

Ihzyhur and Xyithy met up at the girl's room, finding the door open and the room abandoned. It seems even after lunch, the girls had not simply returned to their room, but had gone somewhere else. Aelyiq wandered passed, letting them know he saw the four of them going towards the storage area. Ihzyhur and Xyithy went there, searching each aisle for their family member. Instead they found Ehryinae who was perusing the shelves with wonder. "Well, yeah, they were here. They seemed pretty intent on searching for something, checked stuff, and ran off. I hear they've became a sort of expert on this stuff, so maybe they are working on something? Maybe ask Rhyde?" Ehryinae went back to scanning the shelves, everything here was so foreign to her.

"Oh, the four girls? If they are working on something like that, they are probably in the workshop. We've got a smith that has been in wonder of Fortress designs, probably a good opportunity for them." Rhyde was eventually found, and gave them yet another destination. They arrived to find the smith hard at work, but alone. "Oh, the four girls, yeah they were here. Had some really marvelous ideas, honestly. But it seems there might be a lot more work involved, so they went back to plan on it. If they are building a plan, they would have tracked down Yuxzn. He's a fine sort at coming up with a good plan." The smith only set them on another course.

Both of them were getting the same idea. Blink not even for a moment, and the four girls were off on some new grand escapade. It was not a level of ambition they were used to, but they would have to adjust soon enough. Fortunately, this next destination would yield their objective.

"So, we've got this grand idea here we've been building. I started off all of us by thinking that, after that bandit raid, we need to improve our defenses, get some real armor on the place, maybe even set up some defenses." Qheria was already explaining their idea to Yuxzn, who was still lost as to what was going on. "I'm not talking just metal sheeting and bow platforms, I mean we should make this place out like more of a 'tank'. Put some incredible armor on it, give it some marvel of weapons that would really tear up bandits if they came back." "Oh, yeah, and while Qheria's idea is great, we have to be prepared for more than just bandits. What if 'tanks' hit the place? So yeah, armor is good, but we need 'cannons', serious stuff with armor piercing rounds. I'm talking 'railgun' level designs, a 'mag cannon' with a shell that could pierce a 'tank' no problem. Getting enough explosive force to cause major casualty wouldn't be unforeseen either. I've actually already been working on designs." Qheria's idea was complimented by Lwyn's own design.

"Meanwhile, I've been thinking ahead. Having this place is great and all, but we all know we can't stay here forever. We need another option. More than making this place like a 'tank', why not make something more mobile. Instead of having a 'bunker', we could give it a massive 'engine' and get it moving. That way, we can always be exactly where we need to be. 'Engine' parts are already in storage, we would just need a much bigger design." Thanrie was excited to get things moving, in more than one way. She then motioned to Mhyl, in almost a signal that it was her turn. Mhyl continued her part in Elaethyx. "Thanrie's idea was great, but I figured we need a safer destination. The Marauder's idea of hiding underground was a nice one to put them out of reach of the Bandits, but going down isn't the only option. We can also go up. Rather than making a land-bound mobile base, we should fashion the whole thing into some kind of airborne 'carrier', like an airship. We would need it to hold a hundred people or so, but there is so much around here to give ideas on propulsion, I really don't think it's unfathomable." Mhyl stopped there and stepped back, leaving Yuxzn to try and absorb the magnitude of the idea just thrown at him.