01-Regal Escapades

Sunlight split the dawn of a brand new day. The palace comes to life each morning well before dawn, but for some of its residents, morning only truly came by sunlight.

"Ah!" Thanrie's bedroom was suddenly alight, waking her from her slumber in an instant. Though, she was not truthfully surprised. Most mornings worked out like this, especially those where she would awaken late.

"I am terribly sorry, madam." The maid, as usual, didn't look sorry, nor did she even waiver as she tied back the curtains. Her apologies were merely a formality. It was also like this most mornings, like a ritual of the day, repeated over and over, unchanging. Much like her life, to be honest. To be certain, she had ways to apply her time, but none of them remained meaningful. As her maid finished with attending her room and turned to attend her, Thanrie quickly discovered today's outfit unceremoniously dropped onto her bed beside her.

It was one of her favourite, a rose dress, light in color as in motion, a pastel of floral designs covering it. Such a dress was also easy to work with, she could get done any number of tasks in this dress. It was also her least formal, but that made it perfect for some of her choice activities. This particular dress blended so well with the garden she constantly attended to when left on her own. Being such a choice garb for doing things alone, it lent clarity that Thanrie was again to be isolated for another day, which wasn't actually the original plan this day. Thanrie took the opportunity to express her concerns with her maid.

"So, I guess the meeting my dear eldest brother was holding was cancelled?" "Sorry, madam. Your brother conveys his apologies, but has decided that your attention would be better suited elsewhere." "What of my second brother, then?" "He had already departed quite early in the morning for the border." Thanrie wasn't all that surprised by this news from her maid, it happened all the time. Being better suited elsewhere.. that was simply his way of saying she had no place in such matters of Wyxir politics. No, unlike her, her eldest brother was buried in matters of the crown, being the heir of the same. Her second brother was then focused on business beyond the crown estate, specifically increasing the crown estate.

To the east of Wyxir, their border spanned all the way from the Elnir Woodlands to the Magus Cathedral, at the base of the mountains. The valley between both was cultivated lands, split between Wyxir and Qicir. Wyxir firmly believed that the separation of such valuable land wasn't the most efficient for the selfsame land. In order to unify such cultivation, her second brother had the role of claiming the Qicir crown. Admittedly, this wasn't how the Qiciri wanted it to go, but they would surely understand one day.

Her third brother, youngest of three, still older than herself, was then their backup plan. She was fairly certain that being regarded as a backup plan was quite bothersome for him. Then again, she herself wasn't even that lucky. Typically, a young princess would be destined to be married off to an estate to build ties to that estate. Being of the crown, once Qicir was brought to bear, her estate would already own everything that mattered to them. To keep up this established domain over the kingdom, an arranged marriage with a lesser noble would then have no benefit to the crown, and only look to destabilize it's domain. As such, there has never been talk of her even being considered for marriage. She was, effectively, second backup to the backup, if that at all, being the youngest of four.

"What about my youngest brother? Is there any chance he is also free today?" "Unfortunately, the youngest prince is also occupied today. The swords you two had been using for sparring yesterday had gotten damaged, so he's gone to ensure suitable replacements are available." Thanrie was really hoping she would at least have someone to spend time with, but her maid brought a quick end to that idea as well. Her second brother, in all accounts, was trained for war. His martial prowess was in high regard, and the tools of his training had gone through considerable usage. At this point, however, the blade he carried was sharp, the duller forms from his training no longer required. However, the third brother had taken interest in the ways of the blade himself, and had started learning. Overtime, she herself came to interest in a solution to her own boredom. The two of them had hence gotten quite good themselves with a blade, and even a variety of other instruments of death from the armory, but there was never a reason to move on from the tools of training. It wasn't as if either of them will ever be expected to use any of this stuff, after all. It was only something to pass the time. In fact, she was fairly certain that the only reason he had gone to do this himself was to take up his own time, he could have very easily just sent someone else to complete the task for him.