73-Flooded Plains

Having turned the tables on the ambush, the armies of the five nations turned on the Fortress with their entire muster. The Fortress however was not without its own recourse, as countless enemies sprung forth from the Fortress in response.

Having kept a distance from the Fortress, not knowing exactly where it would land, even in the time when their massive alliance started to close on the Fortress, it had already set loose a vast armada. Each of the drop pods had also opened along the outer sides, ejecting the forces it held in an expanding circle. Rushing from every exit were even more forces, swarming forth endlessly. Khaexyn's army wasn't small, he actually had them outnumbered with just his mechanical forces. This was why it was fortunate that not all of his forces were in the shape to fight, after the substantial damage taken by the Fortress.

However, the four girls weren't doing so hot at that point either. Qheria returned to where the other three were still resting, having finished warping anyone else already to the front lines. Mhyl had been pushing herself, first with healing, then with reshaping the ground, finally with her deep freeze. None of that even remained anymore, not with everyone being this worn out, the giant pillar having broken apart, and the Fortress restoring it's normal temperature. Even so tired, she was still pushing herself, trying to heal Thanrie. Using herself to craft a chain, to fuse with a jet engine, both of those had actually harmed her in the process. This trick Thanrie had discovered didn't just steal from her stamina, it also bled her very vitality. Mhyl had however diagnosed that Thanrie had gotten sick and had already taken care of it too.

Between the two of them, they weren't even in the worst of it. Lwyn was still fast asleep, having lost consciousness after her nuclear fusion.. a fusion of concepts from both Earth and Celese into a result that was in fabrication of either. Mhyl knew all the signs, there were far too many concerns and ideas invested into the weapon Lwyn had used, too many details, too many complications, and it had tried to do too much at once. She had been told that her focus would put her in advantage of Lwyn, which then only implied that Lwyn had to supplement the loss with even more fabricated details, spending even more Stamina. She knew it was a costly decision, but one which had done them really well so far. If only Lwyn could recover quick enough, they could make their next move.

Qheria sighed, coming to her own decision. "Things are going to get rough out there, and the four of us are still the most essential of our forces. Having half is better than having none. I'll bring you two out there, and return here to bring Lwyn when she's back on her feet." Qheria guided Thanrie and Mhyl to a spot where she could warp from and set off quickly. Lwyn stirred momentarily in the silence, and returned to deep sleep after they were gone. Soon after, Qheria returned again and sat with Lwyn patiently, making sure first she was okay. She concluded that it might help to assemble some nutrients, and worked on getting a snack together.

Mhyl turned on her headset, looking over the sea of enemies. The expanse before her was much like a surging tide, forces and conflict everywhere. She was startled momentarily as Thanrie dashed forth to lay into the melee. She smiled softly, taking appreciation of how Thanrie was always Thanrie like this. Thanrie wasn't alone, she quickly found all five friendly power armor on the field, though she had no idea which was which. All five were crushing into the enemies nearby, taller than most of the other forces there around. The clashes of war dominated the sound of the field, that is until an excessively loud echo reverberated through the field, coming from the Citadel. Mhyl was impressed just how efficient Yuxzn's weapon was, though she couldn't even figure out which enemy had fallen as a result.

Chyurae showed up, to stand beside her as she continued reviewing the field. Mhyl was certain Qheria and Lwyn would want information, even if this was more their area than her own. She would just do her best. The five armies mixed together completely, a blend of forces that even she couldn't figure out. What did stand out was some of the gift usage, things she had grown familiar with. The hazy mist of Qheria's family, the arctic chill from Thanrie's brothers. That chill though, she might have stepped on their specialty, introducing her deep freeze from earlier. Looking further, she found it a bit harder to figure out gifts, as the Pillars had such a vibrant display of the gift through their students. The Pillar of Frost would actually be working with something similar to Thanrie's brothers.. and actually, with just considering it elementally, she wasn't totally sure if the Pillar of Gust couldn't do something like Qheria's family. Some of the Warden's tricks in combat even seemed similar to things the Pillar of Dust did.