56-Shared Interests

Throughout the afternoon, everyone had kept busy with whatever they felt best suited their efforts for their new goals. Khaexyn would leave them alone for now, but it seemed like he was simply instead focusing on his bigger goals.

Thanrie had her own ambitions to look into. She felt a bit of irony and rage at the tech-fearing rebellion deciding to invite them back, just because they've started looking really handy. If she was going to accept this, they would have to get their heads out of their arses and actually start making use of the stuff sitting on their doorsteps. To make a show of this, she wanted to refit all of the power armor salvage they recovered and get their own forces geared up with some of the best things they've ever seen. Mostly, she had a particular person in mind who most needed the stuff, him being the heir to the leader of the entire rebellion being only a small part of the reason why.

Zyuixqs would even be driving the entire facility to make the distance. As is though, the building wasn't ready for the trip. Qheria was herself working with Rhyde to make sure this was addressed. She was even taking account of the abilities for all four of the girls, looking for ways that their setup could be improved in such a short time. Most things would require more time then they had, but she was certain she could come up with some smaller things. Makeshift platforms for her shields, an area Lwyn could shoot from, certain sections made more accessible for Thanrie's boosting... She just had no idea what to do to help Mhyl. Mhyl could do so many things, the only thing she could think of was giving her more places to rest.

The need for rest was exactly what Mhyl was trying to avoid. Mhyl was treating the entire thing as a three-day workout routine. She had gone to the smith, attempting to communicate without a translator, and started working on tasks under poor lighting conditions, with herself as the light source. It meant she needed to concentrate on light the entire time while also focusing on the difficult jobs on hand, mostly related to the tasks Thanrie and Qheria were working on. She avoided the compulsion to use her gift on the work directly, the chances of making a mistake was too high.

Lwyn however was busy with Ehryinae. Ehryinae wanted to know what Lwyn knew about her mother. "Mostly, all I know is the story she also told you. Other than that and her ability to.. uh.. predict the future, I guess? Something like that. Anyway, yeah, it's mostly that. I don't actually remember my own youth very well, mostly buried behind unhappy memories." Lwyn took a moment to consider the implications of such, forgetting unhappy memories. Maybe that's why she forgot so much about her time on earth? Maybe her own self was just a bog of unhappy memories? There was no way she could be sure anymore, but she wasn't exactly going to let that slow her down either.

"Ah, so her gift helps her to see into the future? That's pretty nice, actually." "Uh, actually, that's not really a gift thing and is more.. I don't know, an elven secret?" "Oh, well, wonder when she will be willing to show us some of her gift then. She's almost made it a secret or something." Ehryinae's reflection still started to get Lwyn curious. She couldn't remember her mother using the gift, true, but why? Was it so much a secret? She considered what she knew, realizing that her mother would have a lot of gift to work with, even her training made her understanding very personal.. but why hide it?

Lwyn's curiosity had spiked. She brought Ehryinae over to Sxeiva to get some answers. "Mom, we were talking about our gift lessons, and wondered if you would be willing to demonstrate some of your own gift. Just.. getting to see you in action might give me a few more ideas, you know." "Oh, uh, except your own gift is based far too much upon your memories, you wouldn't get any ideas from.." "Please? I mean, I know I'll need to use my own ideas to make things work, that's obvious already. I just want to see what you can do, that's all." Lwyn noticed Sxeiva starting to get nervous at the rationality behind her request. There were things she was being kept from...