63-Eastern Assault

Even before the western fronts found itself under attack, Khaexyn's forces had already begun their attack in the east. The forces on this side were just as numerous and impressive as they were on the other.

Qheria's sister knew to not prepare for the obvious, to expect the unexpected. She had paid close attention to her mother's story of the Destroyer before, and had set out to resolve a solution for dealing with metallic marvels of.. some further unknown capacity. What mattered was that heavy metals sunk easier than most, and their battlefield was a swamp. She had a collection of resources to bridge or ford the river, boats and mobile bridges that she could set on command. All of them however were cleverly designed to carry specific weights, and nothing more. Her enemy would approach with no way to cross.

She didn't expect this to be enough, they could very well prepare to ford the river of their own means if given enough of an opportunity. She had lances across the coast, ready to attack any who dared to cross, and would send shields and blades to slow down their foes, as archers and catapults decimated them. The catapults were all at the shore, while lances and archers scattered across a number of the islands. The overall distance of the swamp was actually in excess to her reports of the destroyer's firing range, more than her catapults even. She knew she had to be prepared.

She got word of her enemy's approach, and was surprised to discover that there wasn't a single destroyer spotted in their collection. All of their forces were either metallic people or heavy armors. It was unexpected, but shouldn't be more than she could handle. She waited for her enemy to reach their coast before sending her signal, archers lit arrows on fire and let soar a volley. The oil-scoured ground of their enemy caught blaze immediately, the flame surging through their forces. She was however disappointed to discover far fewer of her enemies falling at this than she had first assumed, surely her enemies were weak to such flames. Still, everything was still according to plan, she advanced her forces through the cover of smoke, and set to engage her enemy in this opportunity.

Qheria took note of her surroundings, being thankful that Mhyl was not present for such a challenge. The water she was dealing with was honestly more dangerous than most they had faced, herself falling in could bring an end to her life. Mhyl and her phobia would probably have been a shaking wreck in this situation, and not without due cause. Since she had fit herself in with the Reavers, she was set to one of the forward islands, expected to dash in through the smokescreen. She also knew she was the most prepared for her enemy, and activated her belt from an island near shore. It might have been crazy for a normal person, but with her tools, the shore was a short skip away.

Qheria landed in among her enemies, herself still having issues seeing through the smoke. She knew it was supposed to be more of a smoke curtain, but having it obscure any further than that was more to her own disadvantage. A few more leaps inwards, she resorted to more dramatic alternatives, slamming into the ground with a torrent of force. On impact, her enemies went flying towards her, as she herself went straight into the air. She descended once more on a collection of enemies that had piled up below her, a force wave rushing outwards on impact, crushing into the ground anything directly below her, and sending flying anything just past that. She had been practicing that, it really worked better than she thought.

The wave of force was also clearing the smoke in her area, giving her a bit more visibility. As the area cleared, she got to witness the plans of her enemy. Many of them were actually hovering, jet-packs turned on to keep them in the air. She couldn't see any of the power armor, but worried that they might have some advanced equipment as well. Khaexyn clearly was not ignorant of the geography he was working with. As visibility started to clear, the same jetpack soldiers turned their firearms on her, leaving her to set up a barrier. Qheria knew that even though her sister thought she was prepared, she wasn't prepared for this.