54-Unexpected Potential

There was still hardly any accurate assessment of how many bandits lined the area surrounding the facility, but it was far too late to take a headcount. Having finished all their preparations, the bandits signaled their attack, and their forces rushed ahead.

All four groups initially worried just how much it would take to deal with this threat. Sure, bandits were easy, but this wasn't just a handful of bandits. They could easily be swarmed and overwhelmed. This wouldn't be like the last time they had to fight here, this was actually far too dangerous, far too high risk.. far too uncertain. Ihzyhur and Xyithy took to the field, weapons drawn. Ice began to form in the area near Ihzyhur, his gift already active. Xyithy meanwhile started to shimmer and fade, her own hazy mist gathering by her own gift. Both of them advanced, knowing that everyone would be counting on them.

As Ehryinae set out with the embers, her staff drawn and already lit ablaze, she took a moment to wonder what Sxeiva had mentioned. They were fully capable, it wasn't a surprise to be spoiled. She took to the enemy before her, but left an opportunity to watch in the meanwhile. As their initial teacher, it was only right that she gave some of her attention to her students as well. She was told she should bear witness to what was about to unfold, after all. It but lent credit to the Arch-Magus' daughter that she had so effectively predicted this opportunity.

Thanrie meanwhile set into the enemies, throwing forth her weapon, and when it struck the ground and set forth in a shock-wave, numerous enemies fell. Added to the speed of her boots, she was a blossom of death, felling enemies everywhere with blinding speed. The massive number of foes wasn't a problem for her, not with the way she fought. After the waves of death begun, Ehryinae started to find it difficult to keep up where Thanrie had ended up in this melee.

Lwyn scaled atop the facility once again, her gloves active once more. She let loose with bolts that pierced into bandits and took them down. Her shots never missed, but her foes were too numerous for the few taken by single shots. She had to learn the shape of her gift, to find what else it could offer her. She needed more control overall, and right now she needed more options. There was no helping it, she would have to figure out something new. Thanrie looked to be having no problems though, and that made her ponder. Thanrie was just doing well because her attacks had such a great area. Well, of course then, she needed to use shots that did more than sting.

Lwyn started focusing for a bit, building an impression within her mind, forming upon an idea that stirred within. She was using smart ammo to shoot upon her foes, but clearly her imagination wasn't that limited, right? If her bolts flew like missiles, then why couldn't they connect like missiles, and deliver a suitable explosion worthy of the idea. She loaded another light disc into her crossbow, and fired her idea upon her enemies. The shot connected and detonated, a fiery eruption proclaiming itself from the impact. Visually, it looked something closer to a very miniature nuclear blast from stories. This made her a bit nervous, clearly if her imagination took over too much, it could end up with a much more... authentic version of such a blast. Maybe simpler explosions were better for now.

Qheria had been unsure how to begin, but set off regardless, setting up a very small barrier around her, she leapt into her foes like she had of her normal. Her boots gave her still plenty of a crushing impact, and her shields did plenty of the rest of the work, but right when Lwyn's explosion went off, she hesitated. That was not expected at all, her shield ensuring she had no worries of the blast, but the blast itself outperforming much of her own efforts. Lwyn was again forging ahead with the gift faster than they were, it wouldn't do to simply rest in her dust. She lept again, her mind racing for ideas. In all of her leaps, she was depending on her tools to yield results, her gift wasn't helping at all.

Maybe it should be. She paused under the protection of her barrier, pondering ideas. The barrier was a wall of force, blocking out everything from outside. The barrier however did not move.. but did it have to be so still? She built upon the idea over the movement of her next jump. She connected with another leap, the impact forming another shield that began small, but with instant velocity ripped across the field in a growing sphere. Several bandits went flying, the sheer force of the moving wall crushing them in an instant, their bodies cluttering to the ground. She smiled, once again bearing a shield upon her foes to crush them. Nothing said that a defensive fighter like her had to be so harmless.