66-Courting Politics

The gathering also included a dinner and casually proceeded into the evening. By next morning, the four girls already had a full day lined up of extra meetings.

Lwyn set aside her new book, which had been discreetly provided to her from the Arch-Magus late last night. The room she awoke in was also to become her own, in an important section of the Citadel. It had all the amenities needed for both her current and future responsibilities, including a nearby office and a separate personal library. Lwyn had ensured that the book was secure within such spaces before setting out for the day.

No one had come to wake her up, even though she was so important, as it wasn't like she had personal maids for her every whim. She really savoured that sense of freedom, it was a priceless difference. This morning, she had even gotten her next dress on, abide not without a bit of effort. Thankfully, it seemed this wouldn't become the everyday either, her regular responsibilities of office would require a much simpler gown. It still wouldn't be as comfortable as she was used to, but it would be better than even the one she wore in the Fortress. Then was the idea that she would also have casual trips, not every day would be days of business.

She waved at Ehryinae who was also passing through the halls, getting some other form of work done. Somehow, this was leaving the impression that she lived in an office tower or something. She did take a moment to recall that, if she was comparing this to a business, she was due to be promoted to CEO one day, and take over the business after her grandfather passed it off. She was effectively a princess, the same as Thanrie, except Lwyn was actually the one in line for this throne. It would have been overwhelming, had she not had friends in high places herself.

Lwyn entered the guest wing and found the rooms for the same three high-ranking executives she was happy to call her friend. Each of them had gathered in Qheria's room. "I'm F~~~ing serious, yesterday was like an everyday life for me, back in the day. That's what things are like when you're suddenly so important, meetings and gatherings and the like.. an every-F~~king-day thing. ... Okay, maybe not everyday, but it's still the life of the prim and proper." Thanrie was clearly talking about the formalities they were being suddenly thrown into, being the only one heavily versed in such formalities. Even last night, she had held herself with such an authentic presentation of experience as she blended in with such formalities, a side of her they still hadn't gotten used to. She herself seemed to be a bit at odds with it, a feeling Lwyn was quickly starting to understand for herself.

Qheria and Mhyl weren't being regarded as regal in any light, but they were being regarded as heroic nobility. Xyithy was proud of this herself, she had only been regarded as a national hero, but it seems that Qheria's actions had brought their family name a noble title in society, elevating them to one of the highest level of society as a whole family. Qheria's sister still wasn't considered a national hero, even though she did have her own potential with the gift, but she did also get to share in this family progress and rise to nobility. Mhyl herself was finding that the newly painted title of Saviour was getting its own role in elven society, after it was announced. With her excessive exposure to human culture, she was learning she was almost to become a kind of elven ambassador, as an outlet to the rest of the world. She wasn't a Circle Elf, nor was she the High-Seer, but she was almost her own branch of governmental nobility, with no predecessor to learn from.

Today, they would have to reach out to all of these branches of society, but they knew it would be best to share this experience together, instead of leaving any one of them to fend for themselves in this avalanche. They would simply be attending council as the Crystalline Blossoms, a name they still weren't used to. Lwyn looked at the pendant she still wore, at this point a symbol of her role within her team across all of society. The name was cheesy, even in Izhaethyx, but if it allowed her to keep going with her friends, she would take it proudly. So, together they would visit both royal families, both Wyxiri and Qiciri, as well as meet with not just the High-Seer, but also the Circle Elves would be arriving today for the occasion, having caught wind of the announcement last night. Lwyn was happy that, at the very least, it didn't seem like her grandfather had any such major occasion planned for her. She actually really liked how he seemed to be low-key to so many situations, a tradition she would be glad to continue.