57-Final Event

Tomorrow would be the fated day they would set off on their journey, the day everything would begin. Sxieva had predicted that this would be the end of all their preparations, and with this the true face of the war would be revealed, as Khaexyn's conquest would spread in earnest.

Thanrie was troubled about this return to the Rebellion once again. It wouldn't be the Marauders, they were going to the main host of the Rebellion, but she still didn't have complete hope in them. After the Marauders dismissed them for their acceptance in using technology, it was hard to have such hope.. but worse was this was going to involve Zyuixqs' father. She already had concerns about him, why would he have been sent to the Marauders instead of left with his family? She hadn't thought of that before, but it was dawning on her now. Also, what kind of parent lets their child be exiled like that...

Qheria was spending the last of the morning working on the Footsphere match. There were so many disputes on team compositions last time.. she needed to make sure the teams were perfect this time. She knew not to underestimate the elves, Mhyl was a terror in the front lines.. and it wouldn't be fair to put Rhyde against that. Last time they just took their original idea and just threw in everyone else, but that wasn't exactly fair either. Lwyn would go on her side, Thanrie would join Mhyl. This gives them the most insane offense imaginable, but puts her team on a glory of a defense. Leading with strengths could make things really interesting.

Yuxzn would be put on Rhyde's defense, since they knew each other so well, along with Zyuixqs. It was a triple pair that had a great chemistry, which could give them an interesting defense. Meanwhile, Chyurae would pair up with Lwyn, a stealth advantage against Mhyl's expert moves. This left her mother and Thanrie's brother as their offense line, the two rivals. This might not have been the smartest move, but Qheria saw the big picture.. they would have to work together on the roads ahead, might as well get used to it. Of the days in passing, they really haven't done that bad, it had been even their rivalry that had put them together so well, so she did have high hopes in that pair.

Mhyl was focused on the musical performance, something she knew had to work out, no matter what. The last time they had held this, it had broken Lwyn. This time, they would make it work. They had even done some practicing last night, she was sure everything was going to be fine. In the lunar cycle since their last performance, Lwyn had changed a lot, she was far more self-confident, it would happen. But.. this still had to be amazing, they were holding a performance to keep everyone's spirits up through the trials ahead.

To make sure everything would work out, she was out perfecting the stage area. There was so much temptation to add the gift into the performance, make it even better. Put Thanrie on an audio boost, her gift working like a sound amplifier.. stuff like that. It was an interesting train of thought, but also too risky, splitting their focus during such a performance. One day, a gifted performance might be really cool, but not today.. today, their gift would get a break. Mhyl wasn't even being followed by a floating light today.

Lwyn went to visit the smith, hearing that the smith had called her in. On arrival, she was given four identical clear crystalline pendants, a single small blossom suspended inside.. as if frozen in time. While it wasn't anything Thanrie did, technically they were frozen in time, the crystal itself keeping the blossom from ever changing. It was an idea Mhyl had come up with, though she understood very little about how it worked. Lwyn put one of the pendants on, carrying the other three with her. This was to be a symbol of their friendship, a priceless artifact on their trials ahead.

As Lwyn left the smith, she took a time to wonder.. why today? Something wasn't adding up, Khaexyn was expected to shift his approach very soon, but somehow that didn't seem to match up. She had talked with her father, she did have a general idea of his ambitions. He was more set against the laws of the world than exactly anyone else, and yet his desperation was expected to shift into rage. Was one of his machinations going to fail him? She remembered dismissing his video game offer, he didn't seem to be one phased by that sort of thing, he was almost too stubborn to give up just because something stopped working. After all, her father was an idiot.