14-Broken Shackles

The team wasn't exactly certain how much time had passed. Passing in and out of consciousness due to thirst and exhaustion, even a day or two would have felt like weeks.

Lwyn awoke for yet another time, still finding herself in that same sun-bleached cell. The whole area had a carefully positioned sunroof to gather as much sunlight as possible and fill the room with a dry heat. The room was designed to contain heat, and the roof was closed overnight, to prevent the heat from escaping. There wasn't even a drop of water to be found, it was torture. Her companions she knew were nearby, but chained to the wall, she couldn't see them at all, and none of them had energy left to talk. At this time, the sunroof was still closed, so she expected it was night time outside.

Not long after, Hammer-face showed up. It wasn't exactly his name, but Lwyn had decided it fit well enough. She just sorta wished someone would take his own maul to his own face. "Ah, so yer awake again, and at this hour. Seems is only yerself who isn't off dreamin, less the others are just thinkin' with eyes shut. I hope ye been liken the 'modations, it really suits a Hyenzaelni who din lisen to wurds oh wisem. Puttin' yerself in with the 'bellion, wasn't so smurt was it?" Lwyn felt like her ears were bleeding trying to listen to him. His utterly atrocious Izhaethyx was... well, utterly atrocious. However, she wasn't in any position to offer complaints.

Not getting any answers, he promptly bashed her head into the back wall behind her. "Ye better not be ignorin' me. When I talk, is alway' good ta listen. I can bring ya some of the best advice ye ever seen. Ah, I get it, maybe yer too tired and this ear muff'r is makin it hard'r ta listen good. Don't worry, I got it fer ya." Hammer-face tore her hairband off, exposing her ears. "Oh wow, look what we got 'ere. Hmm, ye seem 'alf the pointy folk.. ah, maybe ye are." He begun chuckling, his stupid laugh.

"So, more than just a Hyenzaelni, yer more like a Hyxzaelni then." His chuckling continued while she managed to shoot him a glare. She had never heard a worse way to call someone a half-elf. The title basically translated to someone 'of blood created beyond natural order'. Hammer-face noticed her reaction. "Ah, seems ye finally got some 'earin' back. Glad I could help. Now, just no growin' too attached to dis, I got word from Khaexyn that we'll be movin' ya te 'is fort. Gonna be such an 'onor fer ya." Still finding himself the comedic expert, his laughter rang through the halls.

A bandit rushed in, quickly making his way to Hammer-face. "Sir, we have a problem. It seems our own camp has fallen under attack in your absence. We really need your guidance." Hammer-face still felt proud of himself. "Ah, yes, yes, what would y'all do without me. No idea who'd be so fool ta attack us, let's go find out. Our prisoners might need ta make more friends. Round up all da others, we're leavin'. Just leave things 'ere ta da locals, be easy 'nuff." Hammer-face finally rushed away with the other bandit, the area going dead silent.

A while after, a faint sound could be heard from the entrance. It sounded like one of the bandits was having a problem getting the door to work. After a few more moments, the door had finally opened. Mhyl was actually awake, but having the least stamina, she didn't have the energy to do anything as hard as look around. However, the sound from before also came up to her, and started messing with the lock on her cell. Soon after, someone was working on her restraints. Mhyl expended the energy to look, and found Chyurae picking the lock. When the restraints were gone, he helped her get seated safely, and handed her some water. She knew to drink carefully. Chyurae then went to the next cell.

Lywn heard what was going on, and put a bit of effort to have her hair fall over her ears. It wouldn't do to have someone else find out. The process was exhausting, without her hands. Thanrie came over after being freed herself, noticing her situation, and managed to get in the way in just the right manner as to not have Chyurae look carefully at her ears. As he was an elf, Thanrie knew she had to be extra cautious. Once the door was open, she hurried to get the hairband back on, roughly in good enough spot, before adding some quiet English "Don't worry, I've got you covered."