55-Welcomed Recognition

Everyone slept like a log that night, fully exhausted by the late night exercises. By morning, everyone had instead been left with the unresolved questions that were only now finally getting to unfurl within everyone's minds.

"Holy F~~k, where did Zyuixqs get that talent with tech from? Did you two see him there? F~~k!" "Uh, I missed something, didn't I?" Thanrie was only now letting the shock of events wash over her, having already recovered from all of the injuries she had been suffering overnight, due to proper healing. Mhyl meanwhile had been lost to the waking world before Zyuixqs had held his display of technical prowess, so knew nothing about it. The other two had noticed that they had a friendly pilot on the field, but hadn't actually been told who it was. They hadn't even seen when Zyuixqs had left the field either.

"Was that Zyuixqs then? He was the one inside that thing?" "Yeah, I know, it's insane. I thought it was crazy when Lwyn was trying to use a bow, someone needs to take that guy's spear away and replace it with.. I don't know, something more his style. Even one of those power armor suits would work a million times better. F~~K..." Qheria considered the answer Thanrie provided for her. Rhyde had even said it was a flaw of the Marauders to not recognize the ability of their enemy, and it seemed this was even further correct when some of the marauders were given a chance to actually make use of it. So far, the four of them were the only ones to use technology directly, especially in combat. Ehryinae had limited access, mostly to funnel her own gift. Maybe things would have to change.

As the four of them headed to breakfast, it seems their own abilities were being reevaluated. Ehryinae had been impressed with the magnificent display of the gift last night. What was the most surprising from her perspective was the concepts of its thematic usage, which were completely foreign to her. Her views of the gift were restricted to something more akin to the fantasy elements Celese had been more known for, but the four girls were using something totally unlike anything ever heard of. Lwyn's tiny mushroom cloud was the first wonder she had marvelled upon, herself not actually thinking it was anything but huge. Thanrie stopping time though caught her eyes later on, something that looked relative to known world principles, but something absolutely insane even in that regard. Qheria's prismatic conduit had itself been remarkable and in its own way very nightmarish. Mhyl's laser storm however looked like the world was ending.

Mhyl was actually still upset that her single attack had taken her out, even just before their greatest foe had attacked. Her stamina had betrayed her once again. There wasn't anyone else who saw it this way, however. The storm she had unleashed was held akin to an act of the divines, as if she had brought forth a god-like power to smite her enemies. Of course something like that would have been too much for a ... mortal? Just how insanely powerful was this elven saviour? Qheria herself has considered that an electrical storm, using their enemies as lightning rods, could have instantly won the entire last phase of the battle.. and she could tell Mhyl would have been capable of such a feat.

Lwyn pondered Mhyl's battle prowess. She might not have been able to do much for a while, but this changed everything. She was like some kind of battle mage, someone who would set loose with cataclysmic spells that end battles in an instant. She didn't have many other ways to fight, but in the games she played on Earth, those mages never needed anything more either. The fact that Mhyl had so little stamina was the only reason any of the other three would need to fight at all, as far as she was concerned. To her, Mhyl was their personal super-weapon.

Thanrie, however, was still more intent on finding Zyuixqs. She had done well, that was good, it was expected of her, and it happened. She was still a bit surprised at what the four of them had accomplished, but that was nothing compared to this sudden shift demonstrated by Zyuixqs. The guy, who was typically useless, had just jumped into her hardest challenge yet, taken out a foe even her brother had no chance with, saving her in the process, and kept going like it was normal to take out even more. Sure, most of it was the potential of the tools given to him, but that was stuff he should have had no way to understand, no way to use at all. She wanted answers.