17-Basic Training

Once the group of six made it back to their supposed home, things started to calm down. It seems they would be allowed to stay, but they did have a lot of things to work on to simply be able to help out with the Rebellion at all.

Before the Marauders would be willing to let them attack more bandits, they would have to learn how to take better care of themselves. Having already lost once, they needed to improve, so that there wouldn't be a repeat. They had been spending the better part of a week with a training routine to help themselves improve. It involved a lot of weapon training, report reading, and generally felt like they were in some kind of home-schooling program. Considering the four of them were in this together, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. On the other hand, school was still school.

"Lwyn, stop calling this a school for F~~k sakes. It's just makes everything even MORE shitty." Thanrie could still remember days of earth school. Rather than reflect on earth school, she was more intent on her favourite Celesi type of training, weapon's training. She quite enjoyed practicing with her new weapon in particular. Her Celesi self had enjoyed opportunities for weapon training for years as one of her favourite hobbies, though such devotion to practice without the excitement of application would have been very boring for her Terran self. Her plan had been to focus on her Celesi-styled interests.

"Well, this is a lot like school, really. Right now we're doing gym, later I'm going to do some language studies with Mhyl, we might need to do some Geography and Geo-politics, and if we get lucky we might have time for science class!" Lwyn thought she was clever in matching all of this up, but it just reminded Thanrie of Earth. Thanrie was trying very hard at this point not to think of Earth. As a demonstration, she stopped talking in English. "By the divine, could you please stop? I really don't want to think of myself as some axzyhqn trainee." Thanrie did, however, put to good use some of her newly learned words. It felt like a good time.

Thanrie however still wasn't clear exactly what 'axzyhqn' meant, so to Lwyn, it looked like Thanrie was taking this pretty hard. "Thanrie, sorry." She went back to her own weapon training, very unsure what she should be saying. She just didn't want to hurt Thanrie. Thanrie meanwhile paused in concern of what had just happened there. She watched Lwyn aim a shot at one of the small metal sheets that were setup across the room. A line was drawn through the middle at a slight angle. Lwyn aimed carefully, and the sheet split in half right along the drawn line.

Thanrie opened up conversation with a new topic, inadvertently destroying her own goals in an attempt to appeal to her friendship by reverting to English. "Lwyn, it would have been great having your crazy skills on my team back at earth. Like first place before the second storm circle or something. You're really good at this, do you think you practiced back at earth?" Thanrie was talking about more first person shooter games, though there was the chance she was also implying a real firearm, considering Lwyn's personal talent. "Me, no? I enjoyed turn-based stuff because I wasn't very good at anything asking for fast reflexes. RPGs that asked for me to aim... if it didn't have any kind of aim assist, I would suck. Also, I've actually never seen a real gun myself, just pictures and games. In Canada, guns can actually be super rare, unlike down south."

Thanrie pondered that Lwyn's abilities were very possibly all Celesi then. Her elven eyes probably helped a bit, but the rest probably is her own physical talent while growing up. It would include training from her Inn, possibly not the best thoughts for her to have of training. It was there that Thanrie figured out why Lwyn was enjoying comparing everything to learning from Earth over learning from her Celesi past. Some of it might even be her own craving for learning more about herself from Earth instead of just her surroundings. Everyone had their own hardships.

Lwyn sliced another sheet in half, from a much harder shot, and realized her pile of targets was empty. "Oh, I'm out again." Thanrie was actually low on her own targets. "Lets see if we can get more." She went to hunt down Zyuixqs, who ran to hide when he saw her. She pulled him out anyway. "Please stop wasting effort like that. We need more things to train with, your stuff breaks so easily. Actually, maybe you chould find us better targets to train with." "What? We went from wood to metal, what more could you expect?" "'Titanium', hopefully. Or at least, maybe some kind of extra durable 'steel', if the Fortress has any to offer." Thanrie making irrational requests of Zyuixqs only got easier once the Terran Secret became known.