72-Super Weapons

Khaexyn was thrilled to discover the time had finally arrived, the moment he had been waiting for the entire trip. Just on the other side of the mountain, he would find all of those responsible for his losses.

Khaexyn was still not in a good mood, especially since his tools had stopped tracking his latest weapon, last seen somewhere within the upper levels of the Citadel. The last fragments of his dear Sxeiva were lost, even with the greatest of his plans yet. He at least got a bit of data, snippets of details. There were four people marked as targets, four people found at fault for these events, with a growing reputation. It was these four who had taken both of his loved ones from him. What bothered him the most was that he only had data on one of them, but it was worry-some data itself. A Qiciri Hero, in fact the daughter of Lady Aiylthhiylz, the same one whom he had heard were in fact responsible for the death of his own parents. Just how deep does the chains of betrayal go, if these assassins had themselves been part of a conspiracy to kill even his own parents?

He was fairly certain that, like his wife, his daughter was dead at this point. Bringers of death as they were, it certainly wouldn't be beyond their exceptional prowess to take out someone as harmless as his little girl. They were both powerful and cunning, that was painfully obvious by now. However, he could be like that too, something he hopes they will suffer in realizing. The colossal was a huge weapon, but his mightiest was still the fortress itself. In realizing how to make it fly, he would be fast upon them, destroying them before they could do a thing about it. He knew to make use of both cunning and power, flying too high for them to attack and using first the cover of clouds and later the cover of the mountain itself so that they wouldn't know he was there until he was upon them, scouring the ground with everything he had. His drop pods would support sending forces to the ground, and the fortress weapons were configured to destroy whatever was required. The first thing that would fall would be the citadel itself.

It was a bit disappointing, to have his home of youth and the meeting place of his love, even the birthplace of his daughter.. all needing to be turned to rubble and ruins. The whole place had turned against him, denied everything, and embodied everything that made a fault of the Celese that he needed to have changed. It's fall would be the beginning of change, simply the first step. He genuinely hoped his enemy was still inside, so that they would fall with it. Khaezyn started calibrating the fortress's main weapon to fire, ready to lay into the Citadel with the most devastating strike they would have seen ever. However, before anything could happen, the entire Fortress shook violently. He checked over his instruments, seeing that the shielding had weathered the blow, but that a massive thermal surge had occurred in one of the jets. A few moments later, another shuddering and surge. This certainly wasn't his tools malfunctioning, something was firing upon them!

"Woah, nice shot Lwyn. You made it arc upwards so beautifully." "It still wasn't enough, stupid shields can take way more than metal should. How much hotter can we cook this thing?" Thanrie herself was sweating, the heat in the room making things pretty rough. She considered Lwyn's question, not actually certain how far she could go. It was brilliant how Lwyn was remodeling the plasma inside a firing chamber, but the fact that they didn't even have anything that could endure that heat just meant it was all up to Thanrie. She bit her lip to fight off the pain, the pressure of her bracelet making her dizzy. She had actually reinforced the chamber Lwyn was using with her new liquid metal trick, which was rapidly costing her. Being almost as if she was part of the chamber, she felt a lot warmer than she herself physically was.

Mhyl was on hand with Thanrie, watching Thanrie boost the flame while containing it with her gift. Thanrie herself wasn't doing that well, clearly suffering pain in the process, mostly in her wrist. Mhyl was trying her best to simply constantly recover any injury Thanrie was suffering in the process. This was really reckless, but she knew they probably couldn't do anything more sane. She looked towards the Fortress, visible from her position, and tried to identify if they were getting anywhere. Instead, she found there might be a problem. A ring of current lit up around the citadel, electrical pulses between various filaments around it, which surged into a pattern towards a middle section of the Fortress, building in brightness and intensity. There was no way that was caused by damage.