Chapter 46 Rileys Pov

Chapter 46

Andy's grip on my hand tightened as we passed the familiar "Welcome to New York" sign. I started to tear up I wanted to say something but I didn't want Andy to know I was crying so I settled for rubbing circles on the back of his hand with my thumb.

"Are you okay?" He glanced at me before fixing his gaze firmly on the road I could tell he was really on edge.

I just nodded continuing to stair blankly out the window he pulled over and gently forced me to look at him.

"You're not alright Riley." He brushed my hair back wiping my tears away.

"You're not either." I replied laying my hand against his cheek. He unbuckled his seatbelt then mine so we could move closer together.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I nodded "Yes. Are you?"

"I have to."

I kissed him softly and he kissed back for a moment before pulling away.

"We're going to be okay this time." I reassured

He pushed his hair away from his eye putting his seat belt back on. I leaned back pulling my knees up onto the seat. "Riley please put your seatbelt on you know that freaks me out." He kept his eyes down waiting silently. I did as he asked and gently took his hand in mine.

"I'm sorry." I pressed my lips to the back of his hand. "I didn't think about that."

"It's alright." He pulled back out onto the road.

"Can I have a cigaret?" I murmured a few minutes from my mothers house He sighed digging into his pocket he pulled out his cigarets lit one took a hit and passed it to me.

We pulled into the driveway and got out Andy grabbed our suitcases and we went up to the door. I knocked stepping back the wind blew slightly ruffling my hair and making me shiver. I pulled my cropped leather jacket tighter around me Andy stepped closer pulling me against him.

My mom opened the door stepping outside. She hesitated a few steps away I walked forward hugging her tightly. She held me at arms length looking me over. "You look so much better" she smiled.

"Yeah Andy's done a lot these past few months."

She turned to Andy smiling she hugged him saying something to low for me to hear.

"Anytime she's my entire world." He replied with a forced half smile.

"Lets get inside dinner should be done soon here."

We walked inside Andy took our suitcases up and I helped my mom set the table for dinner.

"He's a keeper Riley. I don't know how you found him but you better never loose him. What do you guys want to drink?"

"I'll have white wine and Andy likes Jack Daniels."

"Only if you don't mind." His voice behind me made me jump. He wrapped his long tattooed arms around my waist resting his head on my shoulder.

"You're stressed I don't mind as long as its not a lot."

He smiled slightly as we sat down to dinner.

Halfway through dinner Andy laid his hand against my thigh under the table. "Riley you need to eat something." He whispered while my mom was distracted.

"I'm sorry. I'm just thinking too much."

"You haven't eaten in days just a little bit is all I'm asking."