Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Andy's POV

"Andy"

I looked up and Riley stood at the bottom of the stairs fully dressed in black skinnies and a gray tank top with a flannel on over and her black beanie. Her hair was done like she'd just showered and blow dried it and she had light makeup on. I smiled looking her over until I realized she had one of her suitcases in her hand.

"Can you drive me over to Kellin's? I already called him he said its fine for me to stay there for a while."

"Course I can." I put on a smile grabbing my keys. I felt like I was being torn to pieces. I was loosing her she was the center of my world and in 15 minutes she'd be gone.

When we got to Kellin's he took her suitcase in leaving us on the porch together. Riley stood on tip toe hugging me tighter than she had in ages and I gladly returned the gesture. "I love you Andy. I love you and I'm sorry." She whispered softly.

"I love you too. Come home to me someday."

Kellin came back out taking her by the hand and bringing her inside.

"Riey!" Copland's excited squeak came through the open window.

"Hi lil one you're getting big aren't you?" Riley cooed with a laugh. I turned going down the walkway to the car.

When I got home again I walked in slamming the door shut so hard Riley's keys fell off the table by the door. I went up stairs into my bedroom slamming that door too and looking over to the bed which was now perfectly made an envelope with my name in Riley's perfect Victorian like script on the front laying on top. I collapsed on the bed pulling her note out:

Andy,

As I write this I cannot think of words to say that could possibly convey how sorry I am. I haven't shown it much lately but, I love you Andy, more than you will ever know. You are my world, my heart beat, my everything and just the idea that I'll be leaving you shortly kills me every second.

I just can't do it. I know you believe in me and you think I'm strong enough but I'm not and I'm sorry I have to let you down like this. There's just too many memories here all I can see when I look around is Anthony running up and down the stairs and how happy he was with us. We were like a perfect family and that's been destroyed taking all of me down with it.

I hope staying away for a while will help me get through this. I don't know how long I'll be gone for so feel free to clear my stuff out of ou your room and Anthony's stuff as well I suppose.

I guess what I'm trying to say is continue doing what you do best. Go on with your life and saving lives the way you did mine. Write your music and spare me a thought every now and again.

I'm sorry i couldn't say this in person but I've never been good with words or goodbyes. I promise you I will see you again my love.

Forever yours,

Riley

I shut my eyes tightly as tears rolled down my cheeks. I needed her like the moon needed the sun. And now she was gone.

Kellin's POV

Riley sat cross legged on the floor playing with Copeland and I pulled my phone out.

To: Andy

Anything I should know?

A while later while we were making dinner my phone buzzed in my pocket.

From: Andy

Hey man sorry for the late reply I guess you should probably know that she's been cutting again a lot. I'm not gonna tell you what to do but please keep an eye out for her. I need her I really do.