Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Jamie's POV

I pushed through the front door into Riley's crowded house looking around I spotted her standing on the coffee table in a practically nonexistent white tank top and leather skinnies with a million chains hanging from her belts. Two guys stood up there with her her boyfriend threw a second microphone up while she sang. My heart skipped a beat as one of the guys started screaming into his mic. They finished the two guys hopped down and her friend joined her while her boyfriend started a new song. They had a sing off admittedly Riley was really good and everyone else seemed to agree when... What'd that other guy called him? Biersack I think but that had to be a last name. Anyway everyone agreed when he joined them on top of his table.

Riley and Alice slipped off to one side pushing each other around while their boyfriends did the same across the room. I slipped through the crowd till I was just behind her. "Riley 6 o'clock" an overly emo guy behind her called. She whipped around and the color left her face in a rush as the blasting music cut out. Riley took a couple steps back as the guy behind her moved towards her.

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to beat you Jesus Riley I'm here alone." I rolled my eyes. Her boyfriend broke through the crowed pushing her behind him. Damn how was I supposed to get anything done here?

He said something low and fast to the guy behind them. He replied quietly before raising his voice to call across the room

" Hey Chris can you come out with me?"

I turned around and a tall milky white guy with stick straight black hair and snakebites nodded across the room following him outside.

"Riley I need to talk to you." I crossed my arms over my stomach trying to hide my skin sense I had a crop top on and everyone was looking at me. Her boyfriend made no move to leave "privately." I added with a sigh.

Whatever you need to say to her you can say in front of me." I blinked a couple times regaining my composure. Damn his voice was low and he was so baby faced you never would've guessed. Riley nodded assent wrapping his hand in both of hers making him smile just slightly.

"Fine." I glared this wasn't going to work if I couldn't separate them.

"You guys carry on have a great time we'll be back in a few." Riley called to everyone turning to me she dropped her voice. "Come on follow me" She took his hand again starting upstairs I followed close behind as the loud kind of scary music started up again.

We went up into the guest room Riley shut the door he retreated slightly to a reclining chair in the corner as she leaned against the wall. "What do you want?"

I took a deep breath as my fathers voice came over the earpiece I was wearing I quoted him word for word "Riley come home. Dad misses you mom misses you I miss you. Please loosing Anthony was hard enough we need to be a family now. We love you Riley being around him isn't healthy for you he killed your brother how are you living with him." I smirked to myself I knew he blamed himself for everything that'd happened and Riley blamed herself I just had to turn them against each other.

He pulled his knee to his chest messing with the dog tags he had on Riley had a set on too one of which had his name he was probably wearing ones for her.

"Shut the hell up Jamie" Riley shot she moved over to him and ran a hand through his hair he moved his leg so she could sit on his lap she pulled him tight against her body and he buried his face in her neck. "It wasn't your fault. None of it was your fault Andy I love you so much." Her voice barely cleared a whisper he looked up at her and she smiled running her hands over his cheeks.