Chapter 16: Resurrect The Sun

*two weeks after last chapter*

*Riley's POV*

I could feel myself slowly drifting into madness as the days drug on one slowly fading to another. I texted Andy once a day when I knew my father wouldn't be down for awhile just to tell him how I was.

It couldn't have been reassuring. I got steadily worse by the day. I'd been here just over two weeks and I'd only eaten once. I could barely walk and every sound every light sent stabs of pain through my mind. The beatings turned out to be a daily thing, some days worse than others. Sometimes I blacked out and those where the days I was thankful for other days everything hurt 50 times more.

I was alive just barely but I was alive and fighting with every little bit of strength I still had. I didn't know how close Andy was to finding me I just hoped he'd get here soon. I honestly didn't know how much longer I could go on.

I grabbed my phone from under the stairs and turned it on wincing at the dim light. I sent Andy a quick text.

To:Andy

Can barley walk anymore last ate a week ago. How much longer? I need you savior.

I lay on the floor my arm with all the words carved into it extended before me. A couple of days ago I had severely pissed off my father.

*Flashback 2 Days Ago*

I lay on the floor half asleep when my father walked down the stairs.

"Where's your dear savior now?" my father mocked. He'd finished beating me maybe half an hour before I was still loosing blood and hadn't been lucky enough to black out.

"Right now" I snapped with all the hate I could put into my week voice "Andy is doing everything for me. He's done more in a week then you've done in 18 years."

I watched as my fathers face turned every shade of red in the book before he dropped to the ground next to me pinning my arm to the ground with his knees. He pulled out his pocket knife bending over my pinned arm.

"You will learn to respect me if it kills you" he hissed

I screamed in pain as his knife dug into my arm.

"JUST KILL ME THEN! JUST FUCKING DO IT NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE"

I let out another ear piercing scream as he dug into my arm again.

"I plan on that" he stood going up the stairs leaving me bleeding in the dark.

*End Flashback*

My phone lit up almost immediately and I looked over at it.

From: Andy

Just found your phone signal. Looking for address now I'll be there soon stay strong beautiful I'm coming for you.

I felt tears in my eyes and smiled to myself I could almost hear hos soft reassuring voice. He'd located my phone he was that much closer. I powered down my phone and hid it again. I rolled over resting my head on my arm and starting to sing Fallen Angels. That was the only thing that kept me sane in my eternal night.

The light flicked on over head I winced curling in on myself.

"Come on let's get you cleaned up you look like shit" my dad yanked me up pulling me after him.

"I can't walk" I started stumbling after him.

"Figure it out Riley." He pulled me up the stairs into the bright house stopping and opening a door before pushing me through into a small bathroom.