Chapter 4: It's Ours Tonight

*Riley's POV*

I stared out the car window as we drove away from my old house. wiping the tears and smeared makeup from my cheeks, looking down at my hand I saw not only the black of my eyeliner but the red of fresh blood as well.

"Damn. Andy, I think his ring cut me when he hit me." I looked over at him, he looked furious. "Andy, you okay?"

"Just fine, we'll clean you up when we get back okay?" He wiped his blood from his lip with one hand.

"Yeah, okay" I turned my attention back to the passing buildings.

"How long?" he asked putting a sudden end to the silence.

"How long what?" I looked over at him. He glance at me before answering.

"How long has that been going on?"

"Oh... god I don't even know anymore.. sense my parents split I guess and that was when I was 8 I think so about 11 years."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

I sighed not wanting to go into my past. "I don't have anyone. I pushed everyone away, that's why I wasn't just at a friends house Saturday night."

"You have me now." he gave a weak smile reaching over and taking my hand in his.

Andy pulled up in front of the apartment building stopping on the curb. He got out and pulled my suitcases from the trunk. We each grabbed one heading for the elevator.

When we got up to the apartment door he pulled the house key off his key ring and handed it to me.

"I'm gonna go park the car I'll be right back" he went back downstairs.

"Okay Andy" I muttered as he half ran back down. I unlocked the door dragging  my stuff through. I looked at the stairs before dropping my stuff at the bottom.. not gonna happen

My phone rang in my pocket playing Fallen Angels, I pulled it out answering it not bothering to check caller id.

"Hello?"

"RILEY MARIE GET YOUR ASS BACK TO THIS HOUSE NOW! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! NOW!" my dad screamed through the phone.

" No... I'm not coming back ever. do you understand me?" I said calmly, I was partially in shock.

"RILEY I AM YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL SHOW ME SOME RESPECT!"

*Andy's POV*

I walked into the house Riley was standing at the stairs on her phone she kept her gaze down.

"Real fathers don't hurt their daughters the way you did me, as far as I'm concerned I don't have a father."

Listening to her with the emotionless way she said that broke my heart.

"LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH YOU CAN EITHER COME BACK NOW OR I'LL COME FIND YOU AND IT'LL BE A HELL OF A LOT WORSE FOR YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND!". I could hear her father yelling through the phone.

"Bye dad... if you even deserve to be called that" she hung up her phone, starring at the ceiling.

"GOD DAMNIT" she suddenly pitched her phone against the wall not realizing I was behind her. She sank to the ground her body shaking as she began sobbing into her knees.

"Riley..." I sat next to her pulling her into my chest. "It's okay he's not going to find you here. Your safe with me."

"It's just..." she took a deep breath trying to force the words out, " I can't stay here forever. and he'll find me eventually I know he will. And then it'll be worse and-" she broke down crying again.