Chapter 6: Life Sings to You

*Riley's POV*

"I'm going to band practice at Jake's" Andy announced walking into the living room.

"Okay" I smiled looking up from my book and taking my glasses off.

"You wanna come?"

"NoI don't play and I can't sing"

"Sing for me" he smiled sitting on the edge of the coffee table.

"No... nonononono" I curled into myself.

"Come on for me?"

"No! Now get to your practice" I hit him with a pillow

"Fine" he laughed "here let me see your phone" I unlocked it and handed it to him. He typed on it quickly handing it back. "I added my number to your contacts if you need anything call me." He grabbed his jacket walking out the door.

The second he was gone I was glad I had a way to contact him. I was still on edge about my dad finding me. It had been almost a week sense we got my stuff and he was still calling daily. Just as I thought about that my phone started playing Fallen Angels, I picked it up and glanced at it... Dad. I didn't even bother picking up.

*Andy's POV*

The second I was out of the building I was glad Riley had my number. I hadn't told her yet but I had seen her fathers car in the area repeatedly and it's just apartments so what would he be doing here? But I didn't want to worry her so I decided that for now I'd just do everything I could to keep her close and safe.

I don't want to loose her, I shouldn't feel like this, she's not even mine and I know it's not going to happen. She didn't seem like the type of girl to go out with just anyone I was going to try and make band practice fast so I could get back.

*Riley's POV*

I got up, plugged my phone into his stereo and started my BVB playlist up. I was going to clean up the disaster that was the house today. I was waiting for Andy to be gone for a while so it could be a surprise. As a thank you for letting me stay with him. I had a job at Hot Topic now and I was looking for an apartment though Andy always insisted it wasn't a problem.

Two hours later I was finishing up the dishes singing along to Rebel Love Song when I heard Andy's voice from behind me.

"So you can sing." I turned around blushing bright red and looking at the floor. I couldn't believe I hadn't. Heard him come in.

Really Riley? Really? Are you kidding me? Great Riley now your talking to yourself again. Stop it. I mentally slapped myself.

"Keep going" his voice broke through my argument with myself.

I shook my head "No I suck"

"No you don't." he pulled my phone from the dock cutting the music off "Come on I'll sing with you.

Never gonna change my mind. He started

We can leave it all behind

Nothing's gonna stop us no not this time."

I joined in... "So take your hand in mine it's ours tonight

This is a rebel love song

Hearts will sacrifice it's do or die

This is a rebel love song."

He stopped letting me continue on my own. "Wild and running for one reason they can't stop us from our freedom" I fell silent looking at the floor