Chapter 43

Chapter 43
My alarm went off at 7 and shut off immediately. I pushed my hair back rolling over to look up at Andy staring at the ceiling. "You doing okay?"

He ran a hand through his hair "I couldn't go back to sleep after everything last night. I just wanna try and get some rest now that the suns up."

I sat up brushing his hair away from his closed eyes smiling slightly. "Okay. Get some sleep I'll wake you up in a while." I moved away from him and he sat up taking my hand.

"Riley please don't leave me. I can't be alone with my own thoughts. At least not right now."

I moved back pulling him against me he laid his head over my heart and I laid back tracing my fingers over his cheek as he fell asleep. He'd make sudden violent shifts every so often hurting me unintentionally simply because of where he rested against me and I'd start whispering to him running my hand over his pale skin. "You're okay Andy hush. I'm right here you're okay we're both okay. I love you savior I always have loved you and I always will. Sleep darling I'll never leave your side."

Around 11 he woke up taking his arm from around my waist. "Are you okay?" I winced mid sentence as he moved off of me sitting up.

"Did I hurt you?"

"No I'm fine." I sat up next to him.
He moved over to me pulling my shirt down his breath caught and I looked down where my chest was bruising over.

"I'm so sorry Riley." He ran his fingers over the bruising looking up at me "You should have woken me."

"I'm okay. You needed to rest."

"You think about me too much." He smiled sadly.

"Not nearly enough. Now tell me did you sleep okay?"

"Better then I have in months. It's so much easier with your voice and heartbeat so close. I just don't want to hurt you."

I smiled tracing his cheekbone "Its fine. I'm glad I can help" I honestly didn't care it did hurt but if listening to my heart beat helped him sleep I could live with the bruises.

"You have to wake me next time." He held my hand against his cheek.

"I can't promise you that. If you're finally getting some rest I'm not gonna take that from you."

"You're too good to me" he pressed his lips to my forehead standing up

"I'm gonna start loading the car can you make breakfast?"
I stood up finger combing my hair

"Course what do you want?"

He took my ponytail holder from my wrist tying my hair back. "Eggs and whatever kind of meat we have."

"Okay." I changed into the destroyed skinnies and batman shirt I'd left out for myself and went down to start breakfast. I ended up making the rest of our eggs and pan frying some left over ham we had. We hadn't gone shopping for the past couple weeks sense we were moving and didn't want to deal with a refrigerator full of food so there wasn't much.

"Hey babe food's done." I called when Andy came back in from taking living room boxes down to the car. He came into the kitchen loosely wrapping his arm around my waist and grabbing a fork eating over my shoulder.

"I love you Riley" he rested his head on mine and I smiled intertwining my fingers with his. "I love you more."

"No you don't" he smiled bringing his lips to mine. We broke apart and he disappeared up the stairs. I cleaned up the few dishes dumping them into an open box. Andy's footsteps came closer again and he appeared in the doorway holding a box and Anthony's poster roll. "You coming with me for trip one?" He asked setting the stuff down.