Chapter 41

Chapter 41
Andy's POV
Another week later I walked inside after band practice and was met by the smell of cooking food. Riley's keys laid on the table next to her open sketchbook with her glasses on top and the house was spotless. I hadn't cleaned anything the entire month she was gone. I walked into the kitchen noticing the drawers and cabinets were all slightly open the way she had a habit of doing and a glass of water with cucumber slices in it sat by the stove the rim stained with Riley's favorite lipstick. I closed my eyes tightly willing myself to wake up. This happened all the time I'd think Riley was home wake up realize she was gone and drink myself back to sleep. When I opened my eyes nothing had changed, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels off the counter going upstairs where the balcony doors stood open. I could see Riley through the door leaning against the railing one of my cigarets in her hand her black hair blew slightly in the breeze. I put the bottle down on the nightstand next to the perfectly made bed.
"Riley?" I asked in disbelief walking outside. She turned to face me and a brilliant smile lit up her features. She looked so much better her pale skin was flushed with color with light perfect makeup and she had on red jeans and a crop top her hair fell in its natural gentle waves to the middle of her back.
"Andy!" She dropped her cigaret in the ash tray crossing the balcony in a few steps and throwing herself into my arms. "I love you Andy. I love you and I'm so sorry I hurt you." I held her hair back bringing my lips to hers. I pulled back looking into her eyes her bangs just fell into her eyes making their deep gray color stand out.
"You're even more beautiful than I remember you" I whispered running her hair through my fingers. She smiled with a light blush taking my hand and bringing me back inside.

*Riley's POV*
I brought Andy inside with me grabbing one of his flannels and pulling it on before he really got a look at my arm. I took his Jack Daniels off the nightstand. "No more of this okay?"

"Okay. " He smiled slightly.
We went downstairs I put the alcohol away and grabbed my white guitar out of the living room sitting cross legged on a kitchen chair and strumming a few chords.
"Is it naive to make plans that seem so far away?
There's a reason I feel this way.
You're sleeping alone I'm awake
When you dream of me tonight am I close to where you are?
Lay me down.
And tell me everything will be alright Things will be alright.
Lay me down
And tell me everything will be alright Things will be alright."
I looked up at Andy as I continued and he genuinely smiled coming to sit beside me.
"This could mean everything or nothing at all.
You take what is real
I'll give you my all
Is it naive to make plans that seem so so so far?
I think "Lets not wait lets love right now.
Lets love right now
Lay me down.
And tell me everything will be alright Things will be alright.
Lay me down
And tell me everything will be alright Things will be alright.
Oh here where we lie
Outstretched to wonder why we don't belong
You deserve much more and I'll give until I'm all gone
Forever know your face
And ever take your place here by my side
Like a ghost into the night
A poisoned apple to my bite
I'll be the shadow at your door
I'll be the moth into your light
Cause you deserve much more
You deserve much more
Lay me down
And tell me everything will be alright Things will be alright.
Thunderstorms could never shake us
Lay me down and kiss me like
Things will be alright
Everything will be alright
This could mean everything
Or nothing at all
You take what is real
I give you my all
This could mean everything
Or nothing at all
You take what is real
I give you my all"
I finished and Andy moved my guitar pulling me into his lap kissing me lightly.
"Everything will be alright, things will be alright." He whispered to me. "Why didn't you put that one on your YouTube?"
"Because that one is special" I laid my head against his chest breathing in the sent of his cologne mixed with whiskey and cigaret smoke. It was amazing and something I'd missed more than anything.
A while later I got up to finish dinner
Andy followed wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his head on my shoulder. "I'm still trying to convince myself that you're really home." He murmured against my skin.
I turned bringing my lips to his pulling him close to me he picked me up holding me against the wall before placing me on the counter and pulling back. He took my glasses off me putting them on I laughed and he laughed back pulling them off again and placing them on the counter bringing our lips back together.
"I missed you so much." I whispered against his lips.
"I was so lost without you." I could feel him smile slightly. He pulled back rolling the sleeve of his flannel up to my elbow and looking over my forearm.
"It's a lot better than it was" I told him quietly. He pressed his lips to my skin before looking up at me.
"I'm just glad there's nothing new. You know you're more beautiful then ever before?"
I smiled slightly looking down at the floor.
After dinner Andy put in a movie sitting me on his lap on the couch and cradling me against his chest. "Please stay forever with me." He quoted If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn and I smiled.
"I'll never leave you again" I wrapped my arms around him pulling him close to me. He moved to where he was laying on top of me bringing our lips together. I'd missed him more than I could ever show and the feeling of his cool skin against mine was absolute heaven.
Andy's POV
Riley laid asleep against my chest on the sofa in her bando and red jeans. I brushed her bangs from her eyes smiling to myself. She was actually here laying in my arms again. I'd missed her so much everything about her was even more perfect than I remembered. My mind had done her no justice at all. I took her right hand in mine smiling when I saw the small tattoo of my name and the words "Thunderstorms Could Never Shake Us" with a heart and two inverted crosses on her forearm. I picked her up slowly trying not to wake her and started up the stairs. I stopped outside Anthony's room shifting her weight so I could close the door. I hadn't touched it at all while she was gone. I laid her down changed into pajamas and pulled her studded belt off of her before folding myself into her body falling asleep.
By the time I woke up the next morning Riley was already up and I could faintly hear Jone Jett down the hall. I got up and changed going out to find her.
Riley's POV
"You doing okay?" Andy's voice sounded behind me as I pulled the bloodstained sheets from Anthony's bed.
"Yeah I'm okay" I smiled slightly looking back at Andy where he stood in the doorway.
"You don't have to do this you know? I can take care of it."
"No it's fine I want to."I went past him taking Anthony's laundry downstairs.
Hours later I'd finished and sat cross legged on the reclining chair with the lap top going through the comments on my YouTube I read one over and my mind attacked me with doubt.
Maria Biersack: wat does Andy see in her anyway she can't sing she's not pretty. Frankly she's pathetic he could do so much better.
I looked across the room at Andy laying on the sofa his notebook in his lap as he worked on lyrics for a new song while half watching Game of Thrones.
"Hey Andy," I ventured when he looked up at the tv pushing his hair back.
"Hum?" He shifted his gaze to me and I looked down.
"What do you see in me that makes you want this at all?" When he didn't answer right away I ventured looking up at him.
"What are you looking at?" He got up coming over to me and I closed the computer.
"Never mind what I'm looking at."
"Riley" he knelt in front of me taking my hands "you're so kind and compassionate you're funny you're a fighter and stronger than any woman I've ever met you're unbreakable and haunted in a beautiful way. You take care of me and you love me unconditionally in a way I've never known before and of course you're undeniably gorgeous and you've got the voice of an angel. Somewhere in the middle of the laughs and the smiles the tears and the pain somewhere on this roller coaster called life I fell irreversibly and unconditionally in love with you. Isn't that reason enough?" I smiled and he turned the lap top unlocking it his temper flashed across his eyes and he switched to his YouTube finding the same comment and his fingers flew across the keys
+Maria Biersack you fucking leave my girlfriend alone unless you can genuinely find something nice to say. I am fucking in love with that beautiful amazing woman and you have no fucking business saying otherwise. Get a fucking life real fans would respect her as much as they do me. Now whether you mind or not I think I'm going to go kiss her and tell her how fucking amazing she is.
I smiled half in shock as he hit post and moved the computer sitting on the arm rest. "You're fucking amazing" he smiled leaning down and kissing me.
When he pulled back I looked up at the stairs half expecting Anthony to run down into the middle of our moment and shatter it.
"Babe what's wrong?" Andy gently turned my head forcing me to look at him.
"I keep expecting him to run down perfectly fine and alive the way I want to remember him."
Andy picked me up moving to the sofa where I curled into him as tears fell.
A month later I still wasn't able to go a day without crying but I was determined to work through this. I needed Andy like a heart beat and leaving wasn't an option.
"Babe I've got a surprise for you" Andy came inside pulling me off the floor and handing me my jacket and sunglasses.
"Andy" I laughed as he pulled me out the door. "Where are we going?"
"Not telling" he smiled back.
He pulled over against the curb in a neighborhood and got out opening my door pulling me out by the hand.
"And now comes the surprise part." He pulled my sunglasses off me dropping them in my bag and covering my eyes pulling me against him. "Come walk with me." He started slowly forward and I laughed. He stopped "okay open." He uncovered my eyes and I blinked a couple times getting my vision back.
"Welcome home baby." Andy whispered kissing my neck. We were standing in front of a two story tan house on a corner.
"You're seriously going to move for me?" I asked looking back at him.
"Riley I would turn out the sun for you if that's what it would take to make you smile again."
I genuinely smiled for the first time in ages. "This is more than enough."
A/N
Hello faithful readers! First off I'd like to say a huge thank you to those of you who have stuck with Andy and Riley this long and thank you for all the votes and comments.
Now onto why this is here. This little story is slowly coming to a close so I was debating sequeling it so I'd love to here your opinions and story title ideas. Next chapter should be up by Sunday. Love you all stay strong and always remember that: Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame but as long as we know in our minds who we are meant to be they don't stand a chance
~Andy Biersack