Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Andy's POV

I sat at the kitchen table spinning my phone between my fingers debating. Should I or shouldn't I? My phone made a soft thud each time it hit the table eventually I made up my mind flipping my phone up right.

To: (661) 270-6540

Hey are we still friends?

I started spinning my phone again until it lit up.

From: (661) 270-6540

Andy?

To: (661) 270-6540

Yeah it's me

From: (661) 270-6540

Up to you. Why?

To: (661) 270-6540

I need your help can you come over in say an hour?

From: (661) 270-6540

Yeah no problem

To: (661) 270-6540

Thanks I owe you one.

Exactly an hour later there was a knock at the door. I pushed myself up going and answering.

"Hey Andy." Juliet smiled slightly. I hugged her quickly letting her in. "You really let this place go" she commented setting her bag on the table by the door. "Anyway what's going on?"

"It's Riley." I sighed going back to the kitchen table.

"What happened? Please tell me she didn't do something stupid the way I did." She cleared a spot sitting down across from me.

"No, no it was nothing like that. We went up to New York over Christmas we were driving back to her mothers place late at night and my car got hit by a train. Anyway her baby brother died the next morning"

Juliet gasped biting her hand as I continued.

"She totally shut down and now she's staying somewhere else. I just don't know what to do. She's my heartbeat Jules and I think I lost her." I finished looking down at the table.

Juliet laid her hand against my forearm and I looked up at her. "Andy it'll be okay. She just needs time and it would probably help if she got back to doing normal girl things. Where's she staying?"

"She's with Kellin. Why? I thought you didn't like her."

She sighed pushing her hair back "I'm jealous of her Andy. She has something I'll never get a chance at again. And that morning I first saw her I was furious at myself not her it just came across all wrong. I'm going to go see her tomorrow and see if I can't get her having some fun again."

"You'd seriously do that?"

"Of course I would. You two are a perfect couple besides I still care about you Andy it hurts to see you like this.

"Thank you so much Juliet. Really it means a lot."

"Of course. Now I'm going to clean up a bit and make you some real food." She pushed herself up "Why don't you tell me more about her.

I smiled slightly as a rush of memories melted together: the way she jumped when I startled her the first night she'd stayed with me the first night we'd fallen asleep together on the sofa the overly innocent look she had whenever she had her glasses on the time I'd walked in on her singing Rebel Love Song when she first sang with me at band practice and then every show after that when I did her makeup for her first concert her light laugh the way she'd use my full name when she thought I'd drop her and above all the way she smiled at me and blushed whenever I touched her.