~ Chapter 51 ~

A smile crept its way on Jaemin's lips when he heard what Haneul said. 

"W-What?" his mother asked as confusion washed over her face.

Haneul sighed as she looked over at Jaemin and then back at his mother. "I said, I'm in love with Na Jaemin."

The other boys who were just watching everything go down, couldn't help but slightly fanboy over their favorite ship. 

The room stayed quiet. Even Hajoon stopped laughing as he wondered what would happen to his parents

That word seemed foreign to the girl. She grew up living with her grandma and grandpa. She never got to experience having parents. But she was willling to be one for Hajoon. Especially if Jaemin would be by her side. 

"I'm in love with her too," Jaemin mumbled, looking up at his mother. 

Chenle squealed, causing everyone to turn to him. "Sorry," he whispered, throwing a sly thumbs up and wink to Haneul who just rolled her eyes. But a smile remained on her face. 

"Jaemin, I swear, if your father hears about this-"

"Mom, it doesn't matter if he knowns or not. This is my life. You can't control it anymore," Jaemin fired back as Hajoon made hands at Haneul, asking her to carry him. 

Jaemin gave the baby to the girl as he sent his mother a tiny smile. "It's time I make my own decisions."

Mrs. Na gave her son a look before nodding her head. She sighed, bringing her hand to the side of her head, massaging her temples. 

"Look, I know you're 22. I know you're able to make your own decisions. But think of how it'll affect your family? Jaemin, your father and I had to do a lot for you, so it's best you try and repay us."

Jaemin scoffed at his mother's words. Was she really trying to pull a guilt card on him? His parents never did much for him, so he didn't know where she got the "did a lot for you" phrase. 

And besides, weren't parents supposed to do the best for their kids without wanting them to pay back?

He sighed before continuing.

"Actually, it won't affect you guys," he started. "Haneul, Hajoon and I can just live together. I'll run the buisness like you guys want me too. Now tell me, how will it affect you?"

"Because..." but his mother couldn't say anything else. 

"If it's about the stupid marriage, or deal, as you probably like to call it, I'll come to see her. But there's no way I'm getting married to someone that isn't Haneul."

Hearing that sentence, the girl turned her head fast, facing the boy. He didn't look at her, instead, continued to stare at his mother.

The living room once again became quiet. No one dared to speak. Until a phone rang, tearing Jaemin away from his gaze as his mother took her phone from her bag. 

This gave the group a bit of time to catch themselves, and process everything that had happened. 

After a couple of seconds, Jaemin finally spoke up. 

"So," Jaemin whispered, turning to face the girl. Haneul could feel her cheeks heating up, but decided to ignore it. "I didn't know you loved me."

She groaned, looking at the teasing smile that was on Jaemin's lips. He chuckled at her behaivor, but leaned in, his lips grazing her ear. 

"It's okay though. I love you too."

"I know you do. Everyone does," she fired, looking away. 

Jaemin dramatically fell back and gasped, making both Haneul and Hajoon laugh. She used her free hand and pulled him by the arm. Jaemin wrapped his arms around her, which was rather difficult to be honest. 

They stared at each other, not wanting to look away, but a cough was heard, making them quickly split. 

"So like, if you guys are getting back together, does that mean Hajoon's getting a sibling?"

"JISUNG PWARK!"

👀