~ Chapter 28 ~

Haneul ended up staying at Jaemin's house but was still shocked by what Chenle had said earlier. She felt her cheeks heat up as she thought about it but ignored the thoughts in her head. 

Currently, she was in the kitchen, making milk for Hajoon, but she kept getting distracted. And the worst part was that the cause of her distraction was always around. 

Na Jaemin

It didn't help that he would always come up to ask her for help. But now she had some time to think about everything that was going on with herself. 

Finally, after minutes of trying to pour the water into the bottle, she finally got it, glad that her shaky hands hadn't messed it up. 

She put the powder in, shaking it up, and feeling the temperature. 

"Perfect," she mumbled, walking over to where Hajoon and Jaemin were sitting.

"Finally," Jaemin teased. "We've been waiting for so long."

"It's only been 10 minutes," Haneul replied, rolling her eyes. But a smile made its way on her lips. 

Jaemin took the bottle from her and gave it to the baby. They didn't realize how much Hajoon was growing. Maybe it had been the way they were taking care of him, but he looked a lot better. 

And that made both of them proud. They felt happy at how much they had done so far and enjoyed that feeling for a while until Jaemin spoke up.

"So, Chenle said that the best thing for Hajoon was for us to act as the best parents he could have."

Haneul nodded, sitting down next to him on the couch. 

"So, maybe we can go out some time as a family?" he asked, holding his breath and waiting for her answer.

"Jaemin," she began. Haneul's heart beat faster at what he said, but other things got in the way of her saying yes. 

Haneul knew he was trying his best, but reality hit her. Jaemin's dad was one of the biggest CEO in all of Korea. So the chances of Jaemin being noticed in public was extremely big. 

"What about your reputation? If anyone saw you, they'll tell your dad for sure. Your future can go downhill fast." she finished. 

Jaemin looked at her and sighed. "My life doesn't always revolve around the public you know."

He was starting to get a bit frustrated. Sometimes he'd wish no one was so interested in his public life. At least he would be able to live in peace. 

There was a couple seconds of silence before Haneul broke it. 

"I'm sorry if I made you upset," she mumbled, looking away. 

"No, you're good," Jaemin replied, the atmosphere turning a bit awkward. 

Haneul automatically regretted what she said. Obviously Jaemin was aware of him being in the public. Why did she have to go and say something about it?

Jaemin continued to feed Hajoon until he fell asleep. Haneul stood up, taking the baby from his hands. 

"It's okay. I can put him to bed."

Jaemin took Hajoon from her, and walked to his bedroom, leaving Haneul sanding there. She glanced over at him, and a smile made its way onto her lips. 

He put the baby to sleep, and walked back to the living room, giving a smile to Haneul, and sat down. 

"So, I was thinking we should get to know each other. I'm sure you know a lot about me though," he said. 

"Sure," she replied. 

He gave her a smile, and that's when she knew, she was falling for him, and at this point, she wasn't even complaining. 

So, I'm not ready for Reload, but wbk

Anyway, I hope everyone is safe and healthy!! <3 <3