~ Chapter 44 ~

Haneul woke up at around 2 pm. Yes, she's been sleeping for a while, but it wasn't like she had anything better to do. 

She couldn't go to work because she was fired. 

Yawning, Haneul got up from her bed and sat up. She didn't feel like going anywhere. She just wanted to stay in her bed. But she knew she'd have to get up at one point. 

The sleepy girl sighed and got off and walked into her bathroom, closing the door. She brushed her teeth and took a quick shower before leaving the bathroom to get her clothes. 

Finally, after she was all ready, she walked out of her room, and into her kitchen. She might as well eat something. 

Taking out some bread, she put it in the toaster and waited till it was all done. Then, she sat down and began eating while scrolling through the messages with her friend. 

Sana had called her again this morning saying that she and Mark would be coming home earlier than expected. 

This was honestly the only thing that made her happy at the moment. She'd be able to see her best friends tonight, and that was something that made her smile. 

Other than Hajoon and Jaemin of course. 

But right now wasn't the time to think about them. Besides, at this point, Haneul didn't think she was something to the baby. The most she'd ever be to Jaemin was his father's past secretary. How could she possibly have been anything to Hajoon?

But Hajoon was definitely something to her. He made her feel happy and made her actually experience what having a family felt like. 

Maybe Sana and Mark would help her realize that she'd be able to meet others that make her feel the same way because she wasn't doing a good job of convincing herself. 

She finished her food and walked to the living room. She really didn't have anything to do. But before she could think of something, her phone rang, catching her off guard. 

She jumped, slightly scared of the noise that rang through her house. But eventually, she stood up and quickly walked over to her room to get her phone. 

Not bothering to check the caller ID, she answered, but her smile disappeared when she realized who it was. 

"Ms.Park? It's Mr.Na. I'm calling to inform you to come to the office Friday morning at 10. You need to get the papers and everything else official since you're fired."

Haneul rolled her eyes at the man's words. Did she really have to sign some stupid papers declaring her officially fired?

"Do you understand?" he asked. 

"Yes," she replied, biting her tongue to stop herself from swearing at him. 

"And my son will be there."

Haneul's heartbeat quickened after the CEO said that. If Jaemin was going to be at the office the same day she was, then she was sure they would cross paths at some point. 

"So that means you will not talk to him, will not be near him, and you won't even look at him," the CEO finished. 

Haneul scoffed. Was the CEO this stupid? She knew Jaemin more than he did, and she was sure he would go against his father's words and talk to her. 

And even though she should be against it, she missed Jaemin. And she definitely wouldn't mind if he did something his dad was against.  

"Hello? Are you there?" Mr.Na's voice brought her back to her thoughts. 

"Sorry," she mumbled. 

He cleared his throat before continuing. "I expect you to come. I'll see you there then." and with that, he ended the call. 

Haneul put her phone down, but a smile made its way onto her lips. And she hated to admit it, but maybe going to the office won't be that bad. 

Well, only if she'd be able to see Jaemin. 

;)