~ Chapter 24 ~

The following morning, Haneul woke up rather upset. Her apartment was quiet. Way quieter than it had ever been for the past few days. 

She sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes, looking over at her clock. 

6:30 am

Haneul groaned and laid back down in her bed, covering herself even more with the blanket. She had to wake up to go to the office, but she really didn't want to.

Contemplating whether it was worth it or not, Haneul got out of her bed, and walked into the bathroom, before shutting the door. 

"If only money grew on trees," she mumbled, washing her face. This morning, she felt really empty. Maybe it was because Hajoon wasn't there to wake her up. Or because of someone else. 

Pushing her feeling away, the girl brushed her teeth and did the rest of whatever she needed before going to her room again to get her clothes. 

After changing into a simple button shirt, and some pants, she went to do some makeup and brush her hair. 

"Eww, why does my hair always do this?" she mumbled, trying to get the knots in her hair. After minutes of frustrations, she finally did it. 

"There. Looks decent enough."

She then walked into the kitchen, taking out her shoes and putting them on. Then she quickly made some coffee and ate a bagel. 

Looking at herself one more time in the mirror, she took her phone, car keys, and some documents before leaving her home and walking out to the garage. 

She drove to the office in silence, hoping everything will go well with Hajoon and Jaemin. Hopefully, Jaemin doesn't forget to feed him. 

Haneul laughed at the thought of a baby taking care of a baby since that was exactly what was going to happen. 

And before she knew it, she reached the office. Walking inside, she waved to the receptionist who waved back. Haneul walked up the flights of stairs to the office where the CEO's office was. 

When she reached the top, she knocked on the door, opening it after hearing a 'come in'.

"Good morning," she said, seeing her boss sitting on his chair and reading some documents. He looked up before giving the girl a smile. 

"Good morning Ms.Park," he greeted. "How are you?"

"I'm good. And you sir? Did you have a good time with your son?"

And that's when she realized she wasn't supposed to say that.

"Yes, I did. But how do you know I went to see my son?"

Haneul turned around, her back facing him, pretending to look for something. 

"You told me. Did you forget?" she managed to say, hoping he would believe her. 

And fortunately, he did.

"Ahh, okay then. I guess I forgot. Do you have the files?"

Haneul let the out the shaky breath she was holding in as a smile replaced her lips. She can't continue to be this stupid.

"Yes I do," she replied, getting the papers out of her bag and handing it to him. 

He looked through them before giving her another stack. "Great. Now you need to do these."

Haneul sighed but didn't let her smile fade. Nodding once, she went back to her desk, hoping she'd be able to finish these soon. 

"Honestly, I do too much sometimes," she mumbled. 

"What was that?" Mr.Na asked.

"Nothing," she said back. 

"I know it's a lot," the CEO began as Haneul turned to face him, "but if you can do whatever you've been doing now, you can surely do this."

He smiled at her before going back to the papers, leaving Haneul wondering what he really meant. 

;)