~ Chapter 70 ~

The following day, Jaemin woke up in his bed with Hajoon next to him. The baby had kept him up all night, and Jaemin guessed it was because he missed Haneul. 

Jaemin did too. 

And he did in fact try to call her. But she still didn't pick up. Sighing, Jaemin opened his eyes to be greeted by the sun escaping his windows.

He yawned, and immedietly wrapped his arms around the baby who was about to fall of the edge of the bed. Jaemin quickly sat up, making sure Hajoon was okay. 

Hajoon opened his eyes for a second, and laughed at his papa's terrified face. Jaemin took a breath in relief, as he carried the baby, and sat him in his lap. 

"Hajoon, you shouldn't scare me like that," Jaemin mumbled, trying to act serious. And it actually worked. But not in a good way. 

Hajoon smile turned into a frown as he saw Jaemin's upset face. His tears quickly escaped his eyes, and before Jaemin had time to react, Hajoon began crying. 

"No, don't cry," Jaemin whispered. "I'm sorry. I was just joking."

Jaemin mentally scolded himself for making Hajoon upset. But he couldn't really blame himself. He was still in the early stages of parenting, and didn't really know what to do. 

He stood up and carried Hajoon, who was still crying, with him. Going into the kitchen, Jaemin rocked the baby back and forth, trying to quiet down his cries. And eventually, that worked. Even though it felt like hours of doing it. 

Hajoon lifted his head that was resting on Jaemin's shoulder, and looked around the kitchen. But tears started to escape his eyes again when he realized someone was missing. 

"Mama?"

"Not again," Jaemin mumbled, rubbing the baby's back in hopes that his cries would quiet down. But he knew the only way that would happen would be if Haneul was here. 

Jaemin tried turning the T.V on, and tried to give him some milk, but nothing worked. He even went as far as changing Hajoon's diaper. But still, the baby continued to cry. 

"Hajoon, it's okay," Jaemin tried. But he knew deep down it wasn't. 

He stood in the kitchen with the baby, not really knowing what to do. And WikiHow was definitely not working either. 

"Haneul will be back soon, don't worry," he tried again, and finally, after hearing that sentence, Hajoon stopped crying. 

Jaemin sighed in relief as he finally put the baby down. He arms were a bit tired to say the least. He had been holding Hajoon for a while now.  

"Mama?" Hajoon mumbled, pointing at Jaemin phone, which did indeed still have the picture of Haneul and Hajoon as the wallpaper.

Jaemin gave the boy a small smile and nodded. He just hoped Haneul would call back soon. He hoped she understood how hurt and regrettful he felt too. 

And just on cue, his phone rang. Groaning, Jaemin walked over to his phone, and without looking at the caller ID, he answered. 

"Hello?" he grumbled. You can't really blame him. He was just overall upset today. And straight up tired. 

"Jaemin?"

His eyes widened when he realized who it was. A smile played on his lips when he heard his name. "Haneul?"

It was time Haneul called 😤

Anyway, I don't know if I should say this, but I might actually have a superhero/villian book in my drafts 👀

wE mAy nEvEr kNoW