~ Chapter 38 ~

Hurt washed over Jaemin's face as he stepped back. It was just words, but it felt like it was more. He stepped back, trying not to say something he'd regret later.

First of all, he didn't know why Haneul was upset. He didn't do anything wrong. Jaemin had tried to call her earlier, but she never answered. 

So leaving Hajoon with Chenle and Jisung, he went to her apartment. Well, I mean, he was very worried about the girl. 

"W-What?" he mumbled, his voice getting quieter. 

"I hate you," Haneul said again. If looks could kill, he'd definitely be dead by now. 

"Haneul, what are talking about? I don't understand-"

"How come you never told me you were getting married?"

Haneul didn't know why she said that instead of telling him about her job. She needed it to live, and there she goes, telling him about his marriage.

Regret washed over him as his eyes widened. "How did you find out-"

"Your dad told me Jaemin. After he fired me. And it's all my fault because I kissed you. Right?"

Jaemin stood there, unable to talk. Yes, he knew he was getting married, but never thought about it. He had told both his parents he didn't want to, and he thought they had listened.

"Haneul, I'm so sorry. I can talk to my dad," he managed to say, hoping she'd listen. 

"Jaemin, all of this isn't about the job. You played with my feelings. God, I told you everything about me. And you were lying weren't you. That kiss meant absolutely nothing?" she managed to say, as tears threatened to fall.

Jaemin didn't know what to say. He had a ton of things on his mind, but he didn't know how to say it all. 

For one, he didn't intend on playing with her feelings. He actually did like her a lot. Well, more like love. And that kiss meant the absolute world to him. 

"Haneul listen to me," Jaemin told her, pushing her inside her apartment and closing the door behind them so they don't catch the attention of others. 

"Why should I listen to you? You never told me anything about this. Wait, let me guess, you just did this so I'd take care of Hajoon for you. Am I right?"

When she said this, her whole body hurt. It hurt a lot, knowing that the person you'd told everything to, was just hiding the most important things from you. 

Haneul thought she would be able to trust Jaemin, but all of that 'trust' that they had was gone. 

Jaemin took a deep breath before explaining to her what had happened. 

"You don't understand. Yes, I knew about the marriage, but I told my parents I didn't want to do it. I thought they understood. But I guess not." He looked over at the girl but saw no sign of emotion. 

"And Hajoon. At first, I was just looking for someone to take care of him. But the more time I spent with you, I realized that I do like you Haneul. I love you."

Haneul looked away. She didn't know what to believe. Sighing, she looked back at Jaemin. 

"Can you just leave?" she tried to say it as calm as she could. 

Jaemin looked at her. He felt angry and sad, and a ton of emotions at once. "Haneul, please-"

"Just....just go."

Jaemin nodded his head, and turned around, opening the door. He turned to face her one last time before leaving. 

"I hope you know how much I love you Park Haneul."

:(