~ Chapter 33 ~

Haneul walked as fast as she could to the office, hoping she wouldn't get into trouble with her boss. But she knew she probably would. 

She finally arrived, and walked inside, waving a quick greeting to the receptionist. Haneul quickly went inside to the elevator and waited till it opened. 

Walking out, she slightly ran to the door of the office and knocked on it while waiting for a response. 

"Come in."

The girl held her breath as she walked in. The CEO already sounded mad, and the last thing she wanted to do was make things even worse. 

She walked inside and hoped that he wouldn't say anything. But of course, he did. 

"Haneul, where were you?"

She looked over at the clock and widened her eyes at the time. It was already 9:15. She was more than an hour late. 

"Sorry-" but she didn't have any time to finish her sentence. 

"You're always late, and it's getting extremely annoying," The CEO continued. He shook his head before looking at her. "If this continues, I'm going to have to fire you."

Haneul widened her eyes. He couldn't fire her. This was the only job she had, and it took her a long time to actually get it. If she got fired, she didn't know what she would do. 

She shook her head no and spoke up. "You don't need to fire me. I promise I'll be more responsible." Haneul felt tears pricking her eyes, but she would never cry in front of anyone. 

Mr.Na shook his head but looked at her once more. "Show me that you can take responsibility for what you're doing. This is your fist and final warning Haneul."

Haneul nodded her head, looking down before going over to her desk and setting her stuff down. She let go of the breath she was holding and sat down.

She began working, making sure she had finished everything before taking her break. After she had done that, she gave it to the CEO.

Maybe he wouldn't get mad this time. 

"Okay, but you still have a lot more to do," he began, giving her more stacks of papers to finish. She nodded her head without a word and walked back to her desk. Maybe she'd be able to finish everything before the day actually ends. 

And by the time it was her lunch break, she actually got it done. 

Smiling to herself, she brought the stack of papers to the CEO's desk. He took it from her and skimmed through everything.

"I guess you can go to lunch then."

She bowed at him before proceeding to her desk, picking up her stuff, and grabbing her wallet and jacket. Haneul decided that she would go down to the cafe next door today. 

"Have a good lunch," she managed to say, bowing once more before exiting the room. Once she left, she took a deep breath. Hopefully, she'd be able to eat fast, and then get back to work and get it all done. 

She left the room and went down to the elevator. When it opened, she waved goodbye to the receptionist and left the building. Haneul walked down the sidewalk, 

She mumbled "excuse me" to some people before getting to the cafe she and Sana used to go to. Haneul entered and sat at a table as she looked through the menu. But before she could go up to order, a voice interrupted her. 

"Hello!"