~ Chapter 14 ~

Jaemin left the apartment, a smile still evident on his lips. At least now he had some time to think. 

He finally came to lobby, and walked out the door, taking out his phone. He had a missed call from Renjun but decided to call back. 

"He's probably busy right now," Jaemin thought, making a mental note to call him later.

Jaemin started to walk towards the store, hoping no one would see him. Although he wouldn't admit it, he was kinda famous since his family owned the biggest company in Korea. 

He looked both ways before crossing the street. The city was becoming more crowded as the day passed, but luckily, not to the point where it was unbearable.

Finally, after a while of walking in silence, Jaemin finally reached the mall, entering and looking down so no one would notice him much.

"Now, where do I buy diapers, food, and clothes for babies?"

He thought for a bit until he finally got the answer. He made his way through the people, making sure he didn't step on anyone's feet. 

He reached the store, walking inside as the automatic door opened. 

The cashier welcomed him in. He was a bit elderly, so Jaemin didn't think unrecognized him. He greeted back and walked over to the baby section. 

He saw the different types of clothes and was about to pick one when he realized he didn't know how old the baby was anyway. 

Jaemin was sure the baby was older than one, but he didn't really think he was two. Maybe one and a half? He reached into his pocket to get his phone but realized that he didn't have Haneul's number.

Sighing, he went with his gut feeling and got a couple of clothes in 12-24 months. 

"This is so cute!" Jaemin said, picking out a shirt with a pattern on it. He didn't realize, but maybe shopping for babies was kinda fun. Well, if he was sure of the size. 

Finally, after picking out a good amount, he picked a cart and put the clothes inside. Then, Jaemin walked over to the diapers and other baby hygiene section. 

"What do I get?" He mumbled, looking through.

"Excuse me, do you need help?"

Jaemin turned his head and faced the man who was at the counter. 

Jaemin gave him an embarrassed smile and nodded.

"No need to be embarrassed," the man said, giving him a smile. "First time being a dad?"

Before Jaemin could correct him, the man interrupted.

"It's okay. I was like this too."

He kneeled down, picking a box of diapers. "I suppose since it's your first time, you need to buy everything? I'll help you."

Jaemin was actually very thankful for this man. Without him, he would have bought all the wrong stuff. 

And before he knew, the two had gone through the entire store, buying everything Jaemin would need. 

"And here is the last thing," the cashier said, handing Jaemin the last bag of stuff. 

"Thank you so much," Jaemin told him, handing him the money. He didn't know why but baby supplies were really expensive. 

"It's okay," the man replied. "I hope everything goes well."

Jaemin nodded and gave him one last smile before leaving the store. Although it was fun, it was extremely tiring. 

As he walked out, his phone rang, making him stop in his tracks. 

"Hello?" he answered.

"Jaemin? Your father and I will be at your apartment soon," his mother replied. 

Jaemin held in his breathe for a second. "Oh, okay. I'll be waiting."

"See you soon! Love you lots."

"Love you too, mom," Jaemin replied, before ending the quick call.

If his parents were almost there, that means he would have to run to Haneul's apartment, tell her everything, and then run to his just in time before his parents arrive.

"Wow, I'm so lucky," Jaemin said to himself sarcastically, hoping he would make it on time.