~ Chapter 68 ~

The woman on the other end sighed, not replying. 

"Mom, if you don't say anything, I'm going to hang up-"

"Okay," she interrupted. "Look, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry."

Jaemin eyebrows scrunched in confussion. He didn't think this was the same woman who had raised him all his life. If he knew something about her, it was:

She never apoligized. 

"W-What?" Jaemin stuttered, not believing his ears.

"I'm sorry Jaemin," she repeated, and he could basically see her frown that was presented on her face. 

To be honest, Jaemin didn't know what to say. He's never been in a situation like this before. 

"Don't you have anything to say?" his mother deadpanned, wanting to hang up as soon as possible even though she was the one to call first.

Jaemin still stayed silent, not really knowing how to respond to the suddent apology. Finally, he took a breath and spoke. 

"Why so sudden?"

The mother sighed and took the phone away from her ear before bringing it back. "I realized my anger towards you and Haneul isn't okay. Especially when neither of you knew about the baby."

A slight smile formed on Jaemin's lips. But soon, it disappeared as he recalled all of the day's events. 

"But I'm still mad that all this happened Jaemin. Especially about you being the biological father."

Jaemin looked down, slightly upset. Was his mother not going to say anything about Eun or anything she had done?

Jaemin couldn't hold it in, and decided to ask his mom, ignoring her comment from earlier. 

"Did you and dad have something to do with Eun's visit today?"

The line became quiet again. Jaemin thought his mother did, and he shook his head, but her voice stopped his thought. 

"No," she said. And for some reason, she sounded genuine. "I had no idea."

Jaemin heard a sigh on the other end, and scrunched his eyebrows. "Are you sure-"

"I never wanted you to marry Eun."

Jaemin held his breath for a second before letting go. He was confused to say the least. He had thought both his parents had wanted him to marry her for buisness deals. But he guessed wrong. 

"It was all your dad," Mrs. Na countinued. "I just had to play along with him. And to be honest, I really do like Haneul."

Jaemin wasn't dumb. He can't just believe her after hearing her words. She had to prove it to him. 

"I know you don't believe me," she began, making Jaemin raise his eyebrows. "But you have to trust me. I want you to fall in love on your own. Not get forced to marry some stranger."

Now Jaemin was even more confused. This did not sound like something his mother would say. But after thinking about it, he decided to giver her a chance. 

But then changed his mind because that's what he did to Eun. He gave her a chance to explain herself, and now everything was a mess. 

After a while of silence, Jaemin heard the sound of someone else walking into the room on his mom's side of the call. 

"Who are you talking to?" he heard his father say. 

"Just some people from w-work," his mother stuttered, putting the phone down, but not ending the call. Jaemin listened closely, even though he knew he shouldn't have. 

His father mumbled some words before walking away. Mrs. Na let go of the breath she was holding, and brough the phone back to her ear. 

A smile formed on Jaemin's lips as he realized his mother wasn't lying about what she told him earlier. She really was on his side. 

"Do you believe me now?" she mumbled, hoping her son would say yes. All she wanted was to have Jaemin back. 

"I guess so," he whispered, barely audible. 

A smile made its way on the mother's lips as her eyes softened as well. "I love you so much-"

"But first," Jaemin interrupted whatever she was going to say. "I think I need your help to get Haneul back."