~ Chapter 22 ~

"So you're telling me I have to eat the food, and that's the only way he will?"

"Basically, yeah."

Haneul and Jaemin were in the kitchen, trying to get Hajoon to eat his food, but it was getting harder as the seconds passed by.

"If you think I'm putting this into my mouth, then you're wrong," he said, pointing to the food on the spoon.

"But Jaemin," Haneul began. "That's the only way."

Jaemin sighed. "Then you do it."

Haneul glared at him. "I did it last time. It's your turn."

"But-"

"Nope, just do it," she gave him an 'innocent' smile, pushing the spoon closer to his mouth.

Jaemin tried to move back, but eventually accepted the fact that he was going to die. Making sure Hajoon was watching, Jaemin put the food in his mouth, trying not to spit it out.

"Mmh, this is so good," he said, trying to emphasize it more, sending death glares to Haneul. 

The baby smiled, clapping his hands in happiness. Then he opened his mouth, showing them he wanted it to.

"See, I told you it would work," Haneul said, watching Jaemin feeding him.

"But like, how does a baby enjoy this?" he asked, his face scrunching up in disgust.

"I don't know, ask him."

Jaemin faced the baby. "So, how do you eat this?"

Haneul stared at him in utter disappointment, trying her best to hold in her laughter, but failing miserably.

She began laughing as Jaemin looked over at her. He really couldn't take his eye off her, and every time he heard her laugh, his heart started beating faster. 

Hajoon tapped his hand against the table, getting Jaemin's attention. The baby scrunched his eyebrow together as if he knew what was going on. Jaemin winked at him but continued to feed Hajoon, the smile not leaving his lips. 

Haneul stopped laughing staring at the two boys. This really felt like a family, and honestly, she was loving every minute of it. 

But a phone call interrupted them. 

"I'll be right back," Haneul muttered as she went to go pick up her phone. Jaemin nodded as he watched her leave the kitchen and go into her bedroom, trying to find her phone.

Haneul walked to her room, picking up her phone which was placed on the counter, but her heart stopped when she saw who was calling. 

She took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hey, Sana!"

"Haneul, are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course, I am," she replied, hoping Sana wouldn't ask anything. 

"It's just, I called you a lot yesterday, and you didn't pick up."

"Oh, sorry, I was just busy."

"Han," Sans began "You're never busy. What's going on?"

"I'm fine Sana. I promise," Haneul told her friend. 

But Sana didn't really believe her. After a couple of seconds of silence, she finally spoke. 

"I have to go, but remember, you can tell me anything Haneul," Sana replied.

"I know. And I will. I love you," Haneul said. She felt extremely guilty for not telling anything to her friend, but she couldn't do that. She'd hurt herself and Jaemin. 

"I love you too. I'll talk to you later?"

"Of course," Haenul replied. "Bye."

"Bye," Sana said, before ending the phone call. 

Haneul put her phone back down, letting go of the breath she was holding in. She was glad that Sana didn't pressure her, but she didn't like lying to her friend. Especially the one who knows her the most. 

Sighing, she walked back into the kitchen, pulling on a smile, and hoping Jaemin wouldn't ask what was going on. 

When he heard her, Jaemin looked up, locking eyes with Haneul. He could see something was wrong but made a mental note to ask her about it later. 

But now, they had to take care of the baby who started to cry again. 

I'm already at chapter 22, and nothing happened yet between the two

Oop-