~ Chapter 12 ~

"What?"

Haneul didn't think she heard him right. At first, she wanted to help, but now, she was hesitant. For one, she didn't even know him.

Jaemin knew what she was thinking. "Don't worry. I'm not going to kidnap you or anything."

"I can't really be sure," she replied, glaring at him. "You were kinda rude earlier."

"That doesn't mean anything," Jaemin groaned. "I'm sorry, okay? I just need someone to take care of this baby for me."

After a couple of seconds of silence, Haenul became confused. Why did he say 'this baby'? 

"Isn't this baby yours?" 

After more silence, Jaemin finally replied. 

"No, not really."

It took a while for Haneul to process what he just said. 

"What?? Who's baby is it then? I knew you were a kidnapper-"

Jaemin sighed. "It's hard to explain, but no, I'm not a kidnapper. Not even close to one." he interrupted.

"Well, you have to explain if I'm taking care of this baby."

"You'll take care of him?" Jaemin smiled at her, only to frown again.

"I said if. There's a difference."

Jaemin groaned. "Can you come to my house?"

Haneul glared at him. "To do what exactly? I don't even know your name."

Jaemin looked at her, and then looked away. If he told her who he was, there was a chance his whole reputation would go down. But he was pretty desperate at this point, and she seemed she was able to be trusted. Well, kind of.

"Na Jaemin."

"What?"

"My name? It's Na Jaemin."

Haneul stared at him. There was no way this was her CEO's son. Right? He said his son was extremely mannered, and from the looks of it, Jaemin didn't match that description.

Jaemin smiled in relief. Maybe this girl didn't know who he was. That was a good thing. It would make this whole thing easier, and it wouldn't cause a huge problem-

"I'm literally your dad's secretary."

And there go all his hopes of her not knowing him. 

Jaemin's eyes widened. "Crap"

The two just stared at each other, not really knowing what to say. Until Haneul broke the silence.

"I guess I can help you."

Jaemin's eyes widened even more, and a smile played on his lips. "Really?"

"I mean," she thought once more. "Sure, what could go wrong?"

But the two knew what could go wrong. If Jaemin's dad found out, both of them would get into trouble. So basically, they were risking both their lives for this baby.

"But you have to tell me how you woke up to a baby," she told him.

"Can we go to your house first?"

Haneul thought. "Fine. But you can't try to change the subject."

I wasn't planning on doing that," Jaemin said, following Haneul as she started to walk to her house. 

Hopefully, she wouldn't regret her decision on taking care of this baby. And hopefully, no one would find out. 

;)