~ Chapter 23 ~

That afternoon, Haneul and Jaemin packed everything up for Hanjoon since he was going to be staying with Jaemin since she had work.

"Did you pack clothes?" Haneul asked as Jaemin took a pair of pants from the pile.

"Yes, I'm just about to."

"Great," Haneul replied, making sure they had everything.

Hajoon had fallen asleep and was sleeping on her bed as the adults packed everything, including diapers, clothes, milk, and food. 

"I can't believe I'm leaving you alone with our baby."

"Our baby?"

Haneul's eyes widened at what she just said. 

"Sorry, I mean the baby. Your baby."

Jaemin smirked but continued to pack. "No, I like 'our baby' better."

Haneul nearly stopped breathing when she heard that. She looked up, meeting Jaemin's eyes. He winked at her before zipping the bag up.

Haneul looked away, as she felt her cheeks heat up. She wasn't supposed to be feeling like this. Jaemin was just a friend, and nothing more. They just have to take care of the baby together. 

Nothing was supposed to go on between them. After they figured out who's baby Hajoon was, they would give him back, and Haneul and Jaemin would go back to being strangers.

But she didn't want any of that to happen. She didn't want to act like all of this is just temporary. It hadn't been long with Hajoon and Jaemin, but she already felt like this was the happiest she had ever felt without Mark and Sana around. 

Shaking her feelings away, she looked back at Jaemin and gave him a smile. 

"Ready to go?" he asked, carrying the bag with one arm. 

"Yup," she replied, walking to the side of the bed to get Hajoon. 

She picked him up and let his head rest on his shoulder, as she walked out of the room, Jaemin following behind. 

"I hope you know how to take care of a baby," Haneul said, continuing to walk towards the front door. 

"Of course I do. It can't be that hard."

"Jaemin, that's literally what you said about the whole 'feeding the baby' situation."

"I know, but now I have learned," Jaemin replied as Haneul playfully rolled her eyes. 

"Sure."

The two got to the front door. Jaemin put his shoes on and took the baby from Haenel. 

"So, I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, after I finish work."

"Okay, sounds good."

A few minutes passed where both were just standing in between the door and the hallway. 

"Well, you should get going."

"Yeah, okay. Bye," Jaemin waved, but his breath stopped when Haneul came closer.

 But his heart deflated when she stood on her toes and gave a kiss to the baby sleeping in his arms.

"Bye Jaemin," she gave him one more smile before going inside and closing the door behind her. 

Jaemin nodded even though she couldn't see him. His heart started beating at a normal rate again before he started walking out to his car.

"Am I really jealous over a baby?"

Yes, he was. 

;)