~ Chapter 45 ~

Surprisingly, the rest of the day went by fast for Haneul. And before she knew it, it was already 7 pm. The time when Mark and Sana would be arriving. 

She made sure her apartment looked decent enough and took the food she had made out of the oven. And finally, after waiting for a while, she heard the sound of the doorbell. 

Haneul put a smile on her face as she made her way to the door, hoping she wouldn't get bombarded with questions about everything that had happened when the two were gone. 

But she did. 

"Hi-"

"Haneul, oh my God, what happened,"

"Sana, give her some time," Mark scolded his girlfriend. 

"Oh, sorry," Sana replied, engulfing her best friend in a hug. "How are you?"

"Honestly, I'm terrible," Haneul replied, pulling away, and giving a quick hug to Mark as well. "But I'm happy you guys are here."

She gave a grateful smile to the two which they gladly did back. 

"So," she began. "How are you guys?"

"We're fine," Mark replied as the three sat down in the living room. "Just tired from the flight."

"Yeah, but no worries," Sana added, noticing Haneul's smile fade. 

Haneul nodded, but a part of her hated herself for bringing them into her problem. Especially when they didn't have to be involved. 

"I'm really sorry for bringing you guys into this," she mumbled, playing with her fingers and looking down. 

"No Haneul, don't be sorry. We're your best friends. We want to stay by your side," Sana replied, giving the girl a smile. "Now, let's try to fix this problem."

The three of them ended up talking for the rest of the night and deciding what to do. Sana wouldn't be going to work for the rest of the week. Although she said she'd come with on Friday, Haneul declined. She'd have to do it alone. 

Soon, the once serious conversation became more of a fun one as Mark and Sana tried to distract Haneul fro overthinking everything like she usually does. 

And before they knew it, the clock hit 2 am. 

"I didn't see the time," Sana said, getting up. "We should go. You need your sleep," she finished, referring to her best friend. 

"You guys can stay over tonight," Haneul said, hoping they'd say yes. 

"We would love to, but we really have to unpack, and put everything away," Sana replied, regret laced in her voice. 

Haneul gave her friend a smile and waved her hand. "It's fine. As long as you guys are okay, I'm happy."

"You're too cute," Sana mumbled, giving her friend a hug before getting her shoes and jacket. Mark did the same.

Eventually, they were at the door. Saying there goodbye's, she waved to them before closing the door. 

To say she was sad was an understatement. She was upset, disappointed, angry, but a part of her was also grateful for Sana and Mark coming over.

She just wished they would stay a little longer. 

Sighing, she turned the lights off in her kitchen and walked to her room. She didn't realize how sad and lonely she really was until she turned her bedroom lights off, and couldn't sleep. 

She let some tears escape her eyes, but eventually, they stopped, allowing her to get some rest. 

Haneul just hoped tomorrow would be somewhat of a better day, but she wasn't too sure about that. 

Sorry for the bad chapter!! I'm not a fan of it either

I actually have no idea what to write, but I have an ending all planned out

nvm, I don't-

aNyWaY, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!! <3 <3 <3