Chapter 24: The Aftermath

Dedicated to Denise a.k.a Joy - Really cool person, so sweet and thoughtful :)x lol she is one of the people whose work I look up to!! Her MJ fan fics >>>>>>

I felt like I was floating, lying down on- "Is she gonna be okay?" A girls voice. She sounded quiet and mousey.

"She'll be fine Shay dont worry." Another girls voice. This time it was a lot stronger, but thick like she'd been crying.

"You dont know that Skye." The girl from before sniffed

"Trust me." The second voice again.

"Aye, I think her eyelash twitched. SHE'S ALIVE!!" A boys voice this time. He sounded like his nose was blocked.

"Of course she's alive Ray, you idiot." A female voice said. This voice sounded a little older, calmer."You alright over there Prod?"

"Is he crying??" The block nosed voice yelled.

I groaned. Their voices were too loud. I opened my eyes slowly. The room was blurry, I blinked to make it clearer. I was in my room, lying down on my bed surrounded by Skye, Shay, Keisha, Devante, Princeton, Ray Ray and Roc. They all looked so, worried. I sat up.

"Jay Jay, you're alive!" Ray stepped closer to my bed and hugged me.

I smiled weakly. "Did I die or something?"

"You scared us Meelah." Devante said earnestly. "I was considering taking you to hospital."

I frowned. "Why? Hospital? What happened?" Everyone looked at  each other and avoided my gaze. "Somebody say something," Silence. "Anything?"

"Devante, can I have a, um word." Keisha said to Devante. I looked at her, she looked really angry and businesslike. I frowned at her and she gave me a brief smile before her and Devante left the room.

I took another look around. "One of you-"

"Im hungry, who else is up for Mc Donalds?" Skye said, looking at everybody except me.

"I could eat." Ray said

"Why not?" Prince said looking towards the door and running a hand through his hair.

"Prod you staying?" Roc asked. I looked over to the chair in the corner of my room. Prodigy had his head in his hands. He didnt look like he'd moved for a while.

"I think his ass is glued to that chair." Ray said scratching his head.

"Ray!!!"

"Ray!"

"Really Ray?" Prince shook his head. "Lets go before you say something stupid."

"Too late for that." Skye muttered as everyone made their way to the door. "Want anything Jay?"

I shook my head and watched as they all trailed out of my room and Skye shut the door behind her. Then I turned my attention to Prod. "Prodigy?"  He lifted his head and gave me a faint smile. "You okay over there?" He nodded. I raised an eyebrow. "Why you being so quiet?" He shrugged. I pushed back my duvet and swung my legs round, I stood up and wobbled a bit before making my way over to him. Once at the chair I tapped his arm and then sat on his lap. Once I was comfortable I placed my arms around his neck and looked him right in the eyes. "Talk."

He sighed and wrapped his arms a bit tighter around me before saying. "Im worried about you."

"You shouldn't-"