Chapter 29: Case Of The Ex

Samiah!!!!! You made me the happiest person in London with that comment on my last chapter :') I love you for that

lmao I would say this chapter has been long awaited but I aint shit so I know nobody was waiting fo' this .___. 

Jameelah's POV

"I'm sorry I just hallucinated." I said blinking and shaking my head. "For a second there I thought she said she was your ex!"

"Oh honey you werent hallucinating. Is there a problem?" Latrice folded her arms and raised one of her perfectly penciled eyebrows at me. A strange feeling came over me, it made me want to stand up and rip her perfect sleek fringe off strand by strand and take her ponytail in my fist and yank it then laugh as it slipped off.

I fought back all these urges and smiled stifly. "Why would there be a problem?" I asked through clenched teeth. Latrice just flashed me a simpering smile and started up a casual conversation with Prod. I looked at her chatting and for the first time in my life I felt insecure about the way I look. I knew I wasnt perfect, I didnt have amazing curves or huge beautiful eyes or all those other things that supposedly drive boys crazy, I was just me. Latrice however had all that. She was about my height and she had her hair up in a ponytail, but that is where the similarities ended. She had on a crop top and tight jeans that showed off her amazing hourglass figure while I was wearing one of my old faded checkered shirts and loose grey jogging bottoms, or sweatpants and Ray was always correcting me. Her skin on her face was caramel coloured and smooth as a newborns where as mine was a shade away from milk chocolate and decorated with fine spots that ran in a neat row across my nose. I hated the way she was talking to Prod so casually, something about how close they seemed irked me. She laughed sweetly at something he said touching his arm gently.

A frown crossed my face and I clenched my fists. I made to get up but Ray came and sat next to me. "You okay Jay Jay?" He said, sitting next to me with a small smile.

"I'm fine Ray..." I said not taking my eyes of Prod and Latrice.

"I like purple waffles and I ate them with dolphins on tuesday." Ray said.

"Thats nice Ray." I said absent mindedly. What he said was weird, but I wasnt in the mood for his strangeness.

"Jay." Ray snapped his fingers in front of my nose. I turned to face him. "Woah dont give me that look! I just told you I eat purple waffles with dolphins and you said 'Thats nice Ray'. I know something is wrong."

"Nothing is wrong." I muttered.

Ray leaned in. "Its not about Prod or Latrice is-"

"No!!!" I said loudly, perhaps a little to loudly. Everyone in the immediate area stopped for a second to look at me and Ray. I felt my face burning with embarrasment.

"Okay Jay calm down, how was I supposed to know you hate waffles?" Ray laughed. After a second or two everyone went back to what they were doing before my outburst. He lowered his voice. "I was right wasnt I?"

I shook my head vigourously. "Im gonna go to the bathroom." I got up. I almost ran straight to the toilets but I kept my steps slow and even. Once I got there and called Shay and Steph on oovoo. Halfway through our conversation Skye called and I added her to the call.

"Ew Jay I thought you'd be in a classy hotel not a toilet stall." Skye said wrinkled her nose.

"Shut up Skye!"                                                                                          "Not now Skye!!"