Epilogue

I tried to figure out who to dedicate this to and I couldn't, but as I finished it I decided to dedicate it to Jessica. I havent spoken to her in a while but this girl has been my big sister on this site for so long that it felt right :) Big thank you for everything!! 
This came earlier than I planned but *le shrug* I was reading Harry Potter and J.K Rowling gave me an idea for an epilogue set a few years after the actual book. This is set like 10 years later and it will be long so, yeah brace yourselves and enjoy!

-Jameelah-

I put the finishing touches to my hair and stepped away from the mirror. My heart fluttered slightly. I was so nervous about this wedding that I couldn't even think straight. The venue was a twenty minute walk from the hotel I was staying in and the service started in thirty five. I breathed deep and swallowed before grabbing my clutch and stepping out of the hotel room. I had decided to go for a light and floaty peach coloured gown with gold straps and gold detail on the ruffled hem. The strappy gold heels I had on just completed the look perfectly. It had been almost eight and a half years since I had seen everyone. I had been keeping my distance for so long that it was a total shock when Stephenie called me to tell me her and Roc were getting married and she wanted me to be there. I was so nervous walking to the place that I stumbled a few times in my heels. I inwardly cursed myself for wearing such dainty shoes and prayed that I wouldn't embarrass myself in them today. I walked into the wedding venue silently and in awe. The grand castle-like exterior was nothing compared to the rich velvety decor inside. I was directed through a long hall and out into a beautiful garden. It was roughly the size of a tennis court. There were beautiful hedges embedded with blue and white roses and a huge oak tree that had blue and white ribbons draped across and around it. Facing this tree were neat rows of white wooden chairs adorned with blue ribbons. The garden was full of people and I suddenly felt so out of place and small. I heard someone call my name and I looked through the benches to see Keisha waving at me. I smiled gratefully and walked towards her. She beamed at me and indicated for me to take the chair next to her.

"Jameelah! You came." She sounded so pleased to see me. I gave her a hug and grinned back. "Its been ages, I just cant believe you came!"

I laughed. "Keisha this has got to be the first time I've seen you in a dress." I said tactfully trying to change the subject.

"Well in the eight and a half years you've been away I have worn many dresses." She sniffed. I shifted in my seat slightly, feeling guilty.

Music from an old organ filled the air. Everyone stood up and looked. Steph was absolutely beautiful. The blue and white theme suited her so beautifully. Her dress was cream coloured with blue detail on the bodice and and the flowers that decorated her traditional up-do went from white to the deepest shade of blue. I watched as she gracefully made her way up the aisle and stood beneath the tree beside Roc, he was wearing all white except for his shirt and handkerchief. They were a deep shade of blue. I felt a slight pang when I realised that Shayla and Skye were up by the tree, wearing matching plainly cut blue dresses. They were her bridesmaids. I saw Princeton and Ray, wearing identical white suits with blue ties and handkerchief's that complimented Steph's flowers, the bridesmaid dresses and Roc's shirt. The look Roc gave Stephenie as he took her hand and faced the pastor was priceless. The ceremony was beautiful and the words that Roc and Steph used to declare their love for one another was enough to bring me to tears. After the vows we were led into the ballroom of the big estate. There was a wine-bar and a massive dance floor with a small DJ booth in the corner. We had all waited in hushed silence as Roc and Steph were announced as a married couple and went to the middle of the floor for their first dance. The song choice was perfect. Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder. Most of the females in the room had tears in their eyes when the song ended. Even Skye had to dab at her eyes to keep her mascara from running.