draw the curtains

Family baby shower.

I stared at the door and Julian opened it, he smiled brightly.

"You're here! I shouldn't be so surprised" exclaimed Julian, he was excited, I wasn't sure what was exciting him more, the fact I told him I may agree to being his pet once more, or that his parents were coming.

He and Kate had set everything up all fancily, Kate ran over and hugged me, we giggled together. She struggled but still managed the best hug in the world, even if her big stomach got in the way.

"They'll be here soon! Hey! Pup, wanna go into your room? I'd love to surprise them!" Exclaimed Julian, I laughed and agreed, skipping out to my room.

Its been so long, it looks clean and the couch seems to have been used.

I laughed and looked over to the pet bed, a fake teddy dog lay there, I began to giggle at the cuteness of it.

I sat on the couch and looked around, some paint cans sat along the wall, I raised my eyebrows, not sure if Julian was using the room to store stuff, or planned on painting the room.

I waited quietly, smiling to myself, I could hear a bunch of voices, I watched the door, which had been turned into a wire door to keep fly's out.

Julian and Kate came to the entrance.

"Oh is this a playhouse?" Asked a female voice.

"That would have been a much better waste of my time" joked Julian, Kate gently hit his arm and they laughed.

"Oh, its the human you posted about months ago" mumbled a voice, a lady was looking in at me, I gave her a smile, from the floppy ears I knew that she was Julian's mum.

"Well she's very cute" came a second female voice, probably Kate's mother, a small looking elf woman.

"Hey Claire, come on! Lunch is almost done!" Exclaimed Julian, I hopped up and walked out, the parents stood and I think someone was Kate's older brother.

We all walked inside, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was glaring at my back.

I sat at the table and felt small, Julian laughed and gave me a thick cushion to sit on, it brought a smile to my face.

Kate set the table up and eyes were on me, probably wondering why a human was eating at the table.

"Hey, bro, could you put the salt Shaker in the middle of the table?" Asked Kate, the taller elf man nodded and placed the shaker onto the middle of the table.

Julian helped her set out the plates and bowls of food, they soon sat down, on either side of me, I felt safe here.

They all began talking about family matters, Kate's aunty dealing with drug abuse, Julian's little sis was off exploring the world.

Then they spoke about the babies, Kate and Julian became giddy at the conversation.

"So you're not going to allow the human near them right?" Asked Kate's father, I sighed, I was worried about this.

"Of course she is! Claire's a part of this family!" Defended Kate.

"I don't think that's the best decision! Its unsafe" stated her father.

"He does have a point sweety" said her mum.

"No he doesn't! He doesn't even know her! She's the least aggressive... Person I've ever met!" Defended Kate.

"Is it so wrong that I worry about my grandchildren growing up in this situation!" Said her father firmly.

"You can worry! But you can trust me to look after my own children!" Argued Kate.