Punches and bombs

I stepped out of sight, I could clearly see the man aim for the lower part of the building, he couldn't tell I was human at this distance.

A terrible sound screeched into existence, Noelle was shouting and all the non humans around screeched, the sound far to loud for their sensitive ears.

It was strange, the building shook, I wobbled and caught myself at the edge, suddenly a loud sound roared into the air and the building seemed to toss out everything that had been on the lower floors.

I gasped and wobbled, the building tilted and moved, I could hear Julian yelling, had he missed?

My ears rang and the edge of the building came closer, I tripped over it, quickly grabbing onto the edge with my bitten arm, the pain that flared up was horrible.

I screamed and tried to reach the edge with my other hand.

The building rumbled and tilted slightly, a powerful vibration made me lose my grip.

I shrieked as my body plunged downwards, I madly reached out and caught onto a ledge, it cracked and wobbled at my sudden weight.

The building was falling, cracks and smaller explosions went off inside, the ledge fell apart in my hands.

I plunged to the ground, glass shredding past me, the building collapsed and groaned, unable to hold itself up.

I grabbed a pole and slid down.

Another roaring sounded, Noelle's building exploded apart, I screamed for her, my ears rang and my body felt cold.

I pressed my head against the pole and stared in shock, rubble crashed onto the street and near me, I struggled to my feet and stared at the man, he was watching Noelle's building.

I can't believe it, the plan failed.

I shouldn't have screamed to Noelle, Julian probably missed his shot thanks to me, I should have been on the other building, none of this would have happened.

I wobbled over to the building, I didn't care if the man had turned to look at me, I needed to save her.

I got to the rubble, staring around, I couldn't see her.

Where is she?

I limped forwards, I could see something lying a few feet away in the grass, I screamed for her, a new explosion sounded.

I looked back, the man had shot down the street, probably believing he was being ambushed.

The rules for an ambush are to not mess up the formation or attack twice in the same spot.

But I like breaking the rules.

I ran at him, my screaming body turning numb, my heart in my throat, I screamed louder then my body had.

His eyes widened as he rushed to grab more ammo, he was clumsy and scared, I held up my fist and picked up more speed, I hadn't stopped screaming.

My body was cold.

I dived onto him, he tried to use the weapon as a defense, I pushed and shoved, only seeing red.

He swung it upwards, as if to hit me with it, yet it was heavy, and he struggled for a split second, I kicked his gut and he fell over.

The weapon crashed onto his ribs and he screamed, I went down on him, punching him without a care.

I was the best fighter in my colony.

I was a fool to not make sure everyone knows it.

He shoved me away and rolled on top of me, grabbing my hair and trying to bash my head onto the ground.

I kneed him and propelled him off, I was breathing funny, his body bounced and rolled.

I watched him get up slowly, as I struggled to my feet, I felt slow and sluggish, yet powerful.

I charged at him with my shoulder, I collided with his chest and we both went down, he scrambled to get me off, I held him down, I met his eyes and punched him again.

I don't know if Noelle's ok, I hope she is.

Julian... Is he ok? I may hate what he's done, but I really don't want him to get hurt.

Not because I ruined everything.

My punches slowed, the mans hands the only things protecting his face.

"You ruined it! Why, this isn't fair! Nobody deserves to die" I shouted, he reached up to grab me, he flung me off.

I scrambled to my feet, my body wobbled and I watched him.

He stood up and grabbed his head.

Crying out in pain.

Something shot forward, a tranquilizer dart poked through his shoulder, the tip dripping a clear liquid, the blood began leaking out, the hole was massive in his shoulder, Julian must be close.

That's why its illegal, the gun is to strong.

The man stared at the sharp tip pointing out of him and he roared in pain.

I ran at him, my legs weak, I tilted slightly, my head ringing and dizzy.

He tried to pull it out, I was so close, I could see the size of the wound.

I let my fist collide with his chin, he flew backwards, he lay crumpled on the ground.

I stood there, breathing heavily, rubble and trash littered around me, I looked around weakly, my vision blurry.

I could see figures moving about, I barely recognised Davy as he ran for Noelle.

I could see a group unmoving on the ground, that must be the non humans who didn't evacuate.

I felt like I was in a long halfway, sounds echoed around me.

"Pup!" Came Julian's voice, echoing in my head painfully.

He got close to me, he moved to make sure I was ok.

I shoved him.

He fell over onto his ass.

His legs spread out like a child.

He eyed me in surprise, my vision blurry, my ears rang, my body wobbled.

I stood over him, staring off at the carnage, from here I could see red, and what looked like an arm, that man had done so much damage.

I stepped backwards, a hand caught me and I looked up, it was the pirate, he stood alone.

"You know chick, when everyone heard what was going to happen they all came to watch, they ran once they saw the cops though, but you did incredible" exclaimed the pirate, his voice echoing into my head.

I looked back at Julian, he hadn't gotten up, he sat there, hurt.

It was a good look for him.