Workplace accidents

Horst huffed and turned away, I quickly followed after him, not trusting him having a connection to my neck.

He came to a small shed and tied me to a pole, pacing backwards and forwards.

"Can't believe this, I've spent ages asking to get a slave's help, but no, apparently 'it isn't the best time', then they just basically give Julian one, not that he doesn't deserve it, but damn this is ridiculous!" He complained, he paced around, agitated.

He grumbled and stormed off, I looked around anxiously, the shed was beside a building, the sounds of animals came from it, the sun was slowly dipping towards the horizon and the river loudly flowed towards the woods.

He wasn't gone for long, I warily watched him return, he was still grumbling to himself and held some glass bottles, he placed them on a small table.

"Let's see them deal with wild animals by themselves" he continued, he looked at his small set up.

"I deserve some more hands to, I work and work and work and all I get is a 'good job' and 'thanks for your hard work', no 'here's some help to ease the workload'" he ranted.

He moved around, partly setting up the drinks and partly throwing his tantrum.

He moved closer to me, I backed up towards the pole, he glared at me as if I was the bane of his existence.

"And look at it! I bet he has it doing all the frustrating tasks, so stupid!" He grumbled, his harsh eyes scaring me more as the seconds went by.

It wasn't much of a surprise when he really turned his anger onto me.

"Why'd he choose this one out of the filth, I'm certain there was better, stronger ones, I would have chosen the best! If I had access to slaves down here in this tiny town, though he probably had a reason, strength isn't important for his work" he grumbled, for a second I thought he had calmed down, for a second I let myself partly relax.

The blow to the gut was quick and agonising, I growled to mask any pained sounds, I fell to my knees, glaring up at the vampire that wasn't even looking at me.

"Well I'll get one! Even if I have to ask for an early break, or else I'll look into travelers selling their slaves, I don't deserve to be ignored!" He roared, his heavy boot slammed down on my back, I cried out in agony, writhing on the ground, the pain in my back and gut flaring up horribly.

He finally looked down at me.

"Shit, did I break it? Dammit Julian's gunna murder me" he groaned, he looked around quickly and held his head, "I can't go and break Julian's slave, I'm such an idiot!" He chastised himself, I was groaning, I couldn't take the pain.

I cringed away from Horst as he leant down towards me, he hoisted me over his shoulder, it dug into my gut flaring up the pain further.

"Don't touch me, Don't touch me, don't touch me!" I growled through clenched teeth, I must have sounded like a rabid animal.

He carried me as I thrashed on his shoulder, he kicked the lid of a crate open and looked around warily, he dropped me in, causing a wail to escape my throat, he quickly closes the lid and I could hear him run off.

I whimpered now, unable to find a position to ease the pain.

"Sire. Sire. Julian. Sire" I quietly called out, tears of pain rolled down my cheeks, why me? Why me?

It was dark and lonely, the cold air seeped into the crate, the pain had ebbed thanks to the medicine I had been given before, yet it still felt like I was being stabbed at every angle.