Heartbeat

"You're going to kill Julian?" Asked Noelle in shock, my eyes widened.

"No! I'm not going to kill anyone, I have killed someone" I iterated, taking a breath, Noelle looked surprised.

"You? You killed someone? How? Why?.... What?" Mumbled Noelle, I smiled softly at her and moved to look at a wall.

"A human... He wanted to die, begged me to stab him, and when he moved towards me I freaked out and stabbed him" I told her, she looked at me, concern on her face.

"You had no other choice if he was forcing your hand" murmured Noelle, I looked at her and shook my head.

"I could have turned around and ran, I could have jumped away, my first instinct was to stab" I told her, she tutted.

"Then it wasn't your fault, its ok!" She assured, Davy gave a confused nod.

I leant against the pillows and sighed, remembering cuddling up on a warm bed, why do I keep thinking about him.

"Just get some more rest, we'll be back" said Noelle, Davy brushed my hair back and followed my childhood friend out of the room.

I looked at the two tubes inside of me, liquid dripped down one, I looked around wanting to ask someone to remove it, I didn't need it.

I waited in silence, a vampire woman came in, looking at me in surprise, she gave me a smile.

"Oh! You're awake! I'm very glad! You must be hungry! I'll go get you some jelly!" She proclaimed, rushing off to grab some... Jelly?

She came back and handed me a cup with a spoon, I stared at the wobbly food and took some onto the spoon, curiously eating it, it was weird yet tasty.

She smiled at me and examined a strange TV,  nodding happily and turning around, she removed the tube which wasn't doing anything and then pulled out a big needle, quickly covering up the hole in my arm.

I stared in shock at the needle.

"Sorry that it's intimidating" she apologised.

I nodded slowly and looked at her.

"Can you remove the other one?" I asked, she looked at me.

"If you want it out I can, but it is good for you" she told me, giving me a slight smile.

I nodded and she quickly removed it and another needle, patching it up quickly, she patted my arm and left wheeling the tube out with her.

I slowly turned around, carefully stepping onto the floor, I wobbled to a room, it was a toilet, which I quickly used.

I walked out and into the hall, I felt weak and uncoordinated, but I'm used to being weak, I was once just skin and bones.

I headed out onto a part of the building that had no roof and allowed one to look out at their surroundings.

It was a calming sight, people rushing about to do whatever they did and birds soared high above, the distant trees stood tall and glorious.

I howled.

Wolves joined in, it was, in a weird way.. Magical, Noelle and Davy rushed out, watching me, confused and curious.

"Isn't the world beautiful" I said, smiling at the view, the howling traveled far away, I felt a weird exhilaration, they gave me a smile.

"That it is" agreed Davy, I gave him a smile.

"I don't hate anyone for what they've done, that guard at the border, he doesn't matter, the slave trader was just doing her job, Horst freaked out and Julian... Honestly I try to hate him, but he did help me see the world in a way I'd never have seen it before... Damn that dude saw me kill someone" I said, my voice was strangely gentle.