Heading to the border

I ran my hand along the bandages and winced as a slight pain stung from the gentle touch.

He walked at a fast pace, looking around him, he didn't seem anxious, more like curious, his eyes scanned all the birds and trees, I guess they are a part of his job.

I quickly grew fatigued, after spending a week standing up against that pole, before I was captured this kind of walk was something I was used to, I chose not to complain, not when he had that whip on him.

It was quiet, and he hadn't spoken a word for a few hours now, I had begun slowing down, I don't think I'd be able to keep up any longer, not in the condition I'm in.

I plopped into a sitting position, grabbing onto the rope to prevent all the pressure going to my neck, he quickly noticed that he was dragging me.

"Stand" he commanded.

"No" I told him, he clenched his teeth, he raised the whip as a warning.

"I can't! Do I look like I can? I'm all bones" I complained, keeping an eye on the whip.

"Unimportant" he growled, I tugged the rope, trying to make him realise how weak I was, he's gotta fall for the pity act.

"If that's how you want it" he grumbled, he approached me and I watched him warily, he reached for me and I cringed away from his hand, he put his arm around my gut and lifted me, my arms and legs dangled downwards, this was no better.

"A rest break would be better!" I exclaimed, he ignored me, I wriggled in his grip, eyeing the ground in frustration.

"At least give me a piggy back ride" I added, he snorted at the idea, I tried to raise my hands but my arms were to weak.

"You have a very strange idea on the place of a slave" he muttered, I huffed, I knew exactly what my supposed place was, I just wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of acting that way.

I dangled from his arm and stared at the ground, he jumped over a small creak and I stared at the approaching ground.

"You trying to kill me!" I shouted, my heart was thudding through my chest, stupid wolf with his impressive jumping ability.

"Wouldn't that be entertaining" he grumbled, I kicked his leg and wriggled some more.

"Hold still! I'll drag you by your neck the rest of the way!" He snapped, I stopped moving.

"You'd probably enjoy that" I growled, his grip around me tightened, the sun was setting and I looked around warily.

"You are going to rest right?" I asked, the thought of being carried in the dark was terrifying.

"Yes, I will, I don't think I want to have you manage to run off" he growled, I didn't understand his reasoning but I guess he truly believed I'd escape his grip and run off, I'm not dumb enough to do that to a wolf.

As the sun gave its last rays of light Julian, that's what the receptionist called him, began to slow, he found a nice clearing and dropped me onto the hard ground.

"Ouch! What's wrong with you!" I exclaimed, wriggling into a cross legged position, he pulled his bag off and scanned through it, he pulled out a bottle of water and took some thirsty sips.

He sat it beside himself and went through the bag again, I reached for the bottle and he brought the whip down onto my hand, I yelped and held it close, eyeing him with anguish.

"You wait for permission" he growled, I huffed and looked around, he grabbed out the bag of human food and handed a few pieces of the strange stuff to me.