Slave

The slave line was full today, there must have been a new colony that was captured, the dusty streets filled with werewolves, vampires and the occasional orc, the slave trader walked up and down the line trying to sell everyone.

I had been here for a week now, captured while I was out hunting with my sister and friend Sarah, she's already been sold, people like quiet and non argumentive slaves.

The coarse rope had began wearing down the skin around my wrist, I glared at anyone that looked at me, people were discussing prices and I ignored anyone who wasn't paying attention to me.

"What's the cheapest?" Asked a voice, my head spun to look down the line, I knew that answer, the trader can't hold a slave for longer then a week, so I'd be sent to the mines and she'd get no profit, I watched the last weeks batch get sent to the mines a few days ago.

The trader lead the man down the line, a werewolf, I can tell by the small furry flaps over human like ears, sharp grey eyes scanned the terrified or furious humans in the line.

I made eye contact with him, the trader began speaking.

"This is a younger human, caught a week ago, not yet trained, strong and can do just about anything you need" began the Trader, her pointy elf ears twitching anxiously, she wanted to make a profit off of me.

"Why's she so cheap then?" Demanded the wolf, her face fell.

"Due to her being here a week, the price goes down to encourage a quick sale" she explained, he eyed her suspiciously but looked into a sack he carried.

"I guess I'll have to go with her, there's no extra costs correct? I don't have much, my company only gave me a bonus for a slave to help with the work" he boredly explained, I waited for the trader to do her usual explanation, about my terrible temperament and the fact I don't take things lying down, she didn't she just smiled and nodded.

"So 50 seds, you'll get the required gear a part of the week long deal" she stated, he nodded, I was surprised by her lie, but I guess giving some things that are 5 to 10 seds each for a 50 Seds human is apparently fine.

I watched the wolf give the trader a small satchel of Seds, their currency.

She unlooped the rope from the pole and pulled me along behind her, I stared at the wolf, he had brown - gray hair, humans with that coloured hair are usually old, this guy looked between 20 - 30 years old, his hair washed and bushy.

He wore a comfortable white cotton shirt, long brown pants and a leather jacket.

Despite being skinny and weak right now, I was definitely going to prove difficult.

He entered the small traders shack and the trader slipped the currency away, handing the rope to the wolf.

I stood strong and tall, I wasn't going to let a week of not getting fed bring me down, I've heard slave owners don't research humans, people die because these assholes don't know our basic needs, the trader does, its a strange tactic, if you don't try to get yourself sold you'll be starved and sent to the mines, people fall for the temptation after a few days.

I watched as she lugged over the cheap stuff, not even a shock collar? Wow she's really desperate not to lose much money.

A cheap brown lock collar with a cheap rope leash, hand restraints which are objects that get tied around the wrists and lock the hands in a leather ball, an old whip which seems to have been around for a long while, a second whip which was much longer, and a bag of food.

The wolf grabbed the items and he continued holding the rope.

"That's all for today, have a lovely day, I hope we'll see you again if you ever need another slave" she said, her voice made for business.