Chapter 71

Youtube Playlist: (The Dark Witch: Unknown)

Song; (Secession Studios- Be Bold and Be Brave)

The ground isn't comfy.

But its the best thing I have right now.

The words are ringing in my ears.

I am never meant to be.

I'm struggling to turn on my back when I hear the familiar sounds of repulsors.

Tony is heading straight for me, releasing lasers and blasters.

He lands on the ground, grabbing an Outrider by the throat before it can claw him.

I sense his worry, even as I'm this far away, worry, because I've just showcased the powers of a Darkling and the true extent of it.

"I'll be-right there, hold on-"

Obsidian Cull, one of Thanos's children, shoves Tony away with his massive arm and my brother flies, knocked out from beneath his feet.

"Son of a-"

He prepares a plasma cannon just before Obsidian means to stab him only that the being is webbed back, falling to the ground.

Ant-Man stomps his giant foot on Obsidian, killing him immediately.

Through the shadows the figure that webbed Obsidian, somersaults, before my brother and de-manifest his helmet, revealing Peter Parker.

My brother is so shock, his own helmet comes off.

"Hey! Holy cow! You will not believe what's been going on, do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty?" Peter was rambling faster that I can fathom as he pulls Tony back up on his feet.

"I must've passed out, because I woke up, and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? He was like, 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us,' and then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time–"

"Okay kid, hold me." Tony moves forward and hugs the kid to his chest, keeping him close as his energy waves refract, telling me his relief, his hope, his guilt.

They've done it.

They've brought the others back.

They've avenged the world.

"What are you doing?" The poor kid is confused by the gesture his mentor is giving him, it makes me laugh as I stumble to a stand, holding onto my hurting shoulder.

"Let the old man, hug you." I wink at him and Peter relaxed his arms, resting them behind my brother's back.

"Oh... this is nice,"

Chuckling again, the action causes my scar to ache and my body to tremble.

I stumble, almost falling down but successfully catching myself against a slab of concrete.

Pain bit at my insides, the corner of my eyes darkening with each time I blink.

Tony is there, his iron gauntlet at my shoulders, speaking to get my attention even as I try to refocus on the world before me.

"Cap? What do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

Clint.

The stones.